Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cleveland close to clinching

motownwebguy

Is it that time already? They have 21 games to play, currently holding a 15.5 games lead in the AL Central.
Boston will likely be the 2nd team to clinch a division title early. Seattle may not get-in to the October dance. Hot St Louie neither.

Last edited:
Looks to me Boston is on the verge of clinching at least one of the wild card spots.

Baltimore sitting @ 41-100....closer to the '03 Tigers, than any other AL team has managed since, although its very unlikely that the '18 O's will tie or surpass their embarrassing record of futility @ 43-119 with 21 games remaining.

538 currently predicting the O's finishing @ 48-114, and the Tigers a whole game better than last season @ 67-95!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-mlb-predictions/

We are trending for a #6 pick in the 2019 Amateur Draft. I'm fine with that. I originally thought we would lose 108 games this season. Our overall pitching's done better than I expected.

I'd also be happy with a #14 or 15-pick in 2020.

Last edited:
Will Cleveland be clinching against the Tigers this weekend? I would have to say YUP

Last edited:
Back