Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

CO2 levels in the atmosphere hit record amount

To reduce carbon footprint eat less meat and dairy then before, and maybe the planet could heal itself. Just try and be a little concerned for future generations.

To reduce carbon footprint eat less meat and dairy then before, and maybe the planet could heal itself. Just try and be a little concerned for future generations.

I guess I am doing my part then.

Brave New World. Are you and you loved ones to be spared or sacrificed?

When the Jackpot hits, it's going to be a crapshoot. While I hope for the best for us, I know that if some of these dire predictions are to be believed, there's simply not going to be enough habitable & arable land to house and feed very many people. With 7+ billion of us, it's gonna get nasty.

STILL...
If I/we didn't survive, but the rest of humanity's "better half" did, I'd be okay with that.

as a humanist, I hope for the best for our species.

When the Jackpot hits, it's going to be a crapshoot. While I hope for the best for us, I know that if some of these dire predictions are to be believed, there's simply not going to be enough habitable & arable land to house and feed very many people. With 7+ billion of us, it's gonna get nasty.

STILL...
If I/we didn't survive, but the rest of humanity's "better half" did, I'd be okay with that.

as a humanist, I hope for the best for our species.

I suppose that my saying that we really don't belong on Earth will not register with you. Heaven is the destination.

I've heard that.

but also that like 95% of CO2 emissions are due indirectly and directly - to like a relative handful of large corporations... and the whole "due your part" thing is PR that helps them duck responsibility.

I'm willing to bet you on that, but it will be impossible to collect if I am right.

You should make the bet as a hedge.

If you lose, you could stand at the Pearly Gates and argue with Saint Peter ?but I have to get in! I have a bet I have to pay!?

You should make the bet as a hedge.

If you lose, you could stand at the Pearly Gates and argue with Saint Peter ?but I have to get in! I have a bet I have to pay!?

If it does exist, I'm not worried about being able to get in on my own merits.

Seems fair no?

if there is a population bottleneck, but humanity manages to survive this, hopefully it's only good & intelligent people who survive to repopulate the Earth... would suck if future surviving humanity is composed of the psychopathic billionaires, and the child molesters, climate change deniers, freaks, murderers, etc. who serve them.

I think it will resolve itself. And Bill Nye is a potty month now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFgBFYkBZ6E

Last edited:
Back