Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coaching Changes

Saw a video of Babcock tossing a basketball to Matthews (I think) that the Raptors gave him with some speech about this being “Our Year”. It was awkward and Matthews (I think) barely knew what to do with it. (As I recall).

So just two examples:

After Chayka was hired in Arizona, Tippett was fired 13 months later (he signed a 5 year extension couple weeks before Chayka took over as GM)

In Boston Julien lasted a season and a half after Sweeney took over.

I'd be curious what happens to Blashill and who would be out there as a replacement? Promote within?

No idea to be honest.

Just hope its not some used up former NHL coach looking for a final NHL payday.

Bill Peters out in Calgary, assistant Geoff Ward takes over as interim coach.

Boughner named as San Jose coach.

He was once a Wings prospects, head coach of Florida, and was on his 2nd stint as assistant coach for San Jose.

DJ Smith, former assistant coach of Babcock in Toronto, was an assistant coach on that Windsor team.

Currently coach of Ottawa.

I guess coach firing is like the draft when there's a run it keeps on going.

Last edited:
Back