Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cya later Slay....was nice while it lasted!

mhughes0021

Lions CB Darius Slay has switched agents, moving from Relativity Sports to Rosenhaus Sports. Slay is entering the final year of his contract. He is the second high-profile Lions player to leave Relativity on the verge of contract extension talks. Ndamukong Suh left Relativity for Jimmy Sexton last year.

Lions CB Darius Slay has switched agents, moving from Relativity Sports to Rosenhaus Sports. Slay is entering the final year of his contract. He is the second high-profile Lions player to leave Relativity on the verge of contract extension talks. Ndamukong Suh left Relativity for Jimmy Sexton last year.

Slay will be a Lion for at least 2 more years......after that????

We should restructure his contract so we can sign Reggie Bush.

Players will move on with their careers. Should never expect good players to stay with Lions when they could potentially get paid more elsewhere. Plenty of FA CBs available if he decides to go elsewhere. Austin will get production out of whoever fills the position. I don't want Lions to use Revis money to keep him, even if he plays at that level next year. Tired of them paying top money at 3 positions and not having a playoff winning team as a result.

Players will move on with their careers. Should never expect good players to stay with Lions when they could potentially get paid more elsewhere. Plenty of FA CBs available if he decides to go elsewhere. Austin will get production out of whoever fills the position. I don't want Lions to use Revis money to keep him, even if he plays at that level next year. Tired of them paying top money at 3 positions and not having a playoff winning team as a result.

You gotta pay to keep your best players.....the key the Lions are missing is the depth behind them and the production from players on their rookie deals. You should have 8-12 starters on their rookie deals at any given time to be really successful.....you can have some high priced players fill in the rest.

says hes entering his final year of his rookie deal. With Rosenhaus as his agent...he'll jump to the highest bidder.

I read the complete opposite. Said he switched agents to get an extension with Detroit

I read that this kid wants the best agent to get him the most money he can. Rosenhaus is that guy. Wouldn't every one of you do the same?

I read that this kid wants the best agent to get him the most money he can. Rosenhaus is that guy. Wouldn't every one of you do the same?

The kid's gonna get paid and we have all kinds of money. Read he wants to stay a Lion but we've heard that song and dance before lol

You gotta pay to keep your best players.....the key the Lions are missing is the depth behind them and the production from players on their rookie deals. You should have 8-12 starters on their rookie deals at any given time to be really successful.....you can have some high priced players fill in the rest.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be the top paid DB on the team if he has another year like last year (or hopefully even better). I just don't want the Lions being locked into another Suh level contract.

You have to balance the budget and talent. It is not an easy thing and GMs are pretty much damned if they don't win the SB...and even then, did they completely sell out for that one time shot and consequently will have 5 horrible years follow it up like Baltimore?

I know, I know "Let them sell out for that 1 shot because it's more than they've ever done before!"

I prefer they build a Patriots level dynasty. After all the decades of fucking terrible teams and losing records, I want a decade of championships. It is very hard to build an entire team of talented players capable of winning championships when half of your available money is locked up with 3 players.

There are plenty of CBs who Austin has developed into above average already, I trust him to do the same if Slay leaves because another team with even more cap room offers him Revis money. Good for him, not saying he shouldn't get every dime he can get. I just prefer the Lions not be the ones writing anymore checks with a label "highest paid player at the position" unless they one day get a Tom Brady type QB. Out of every player in the entire NFL, Brady deserves the "best paid" label because he has consistently delivered regardless of the talent around him or the opponent.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be the top paid DB on the team if he has another year like last year (or hopefully even better). I just don't want the Lions being locked into another Suh level contract.

You have to balance the budget and talent. It is not an easy thing and GMs are pretty much damned if they don't win the SB...and even then, did they completely sell out for that one time shot and consequently will have 5 horrible years follow it up like Baltimore?

I know, I know "Let them sell out for that 1 shot because it's more than they've ever done before!"

I prefer they build a Patriots level dynasty. After all the decades of fucking terrible teams and losing records, I want a decade of championships. It is very hard to build an entire team of talented players capable of winning championships when half of your available money is locked up with 3 players.

There are plenty of CBs who Austin has developed into above average already, I trust him to do the same if Slay leaves because another team with even more cap room offers him Revis money. Good for him, not saying he shouldn't get every dime he can get. I just prefer the Lions not be the ones writing anymore checks with a label "highest paid player at the position" unless they one day get a Tom Brady type QB. Out of every player in the entire NFL, Brady deserves the "best paid" label because he has consistently delivered regardless of the talent around him or the opponent.

Hard to let a guy like Slay walk. He was easily one of the best CBs in the league last year. But maybe Quinn goes about this like the Patriots do. They don't pay anyone huge money unless you're a Tom Brady type player or Gronk lol. Could Slay be the next Revis? hard to say, but he's gotten better every single year.

its from espn copy n pasted who usually does checks on their info before they post it. im not the source, moron.

lol. Well, moron, you're telling us he's history by making the thread with your title. Shitting on a Lions player like you always do. And not one report that I read said that he was bolting to the "highest bidder". That's you being a fkn clown as usual, making up bs...nothing new there, right? lol. Every report that I read on The Score, Bleacher Report, NFLN said that he wants to stay a Lion and he switched agents to get a deal done here.

He should be off limits for switching agents and wanting to get the most money , they make enough as it is ....end sarcasm lol ....the dude has come a long way and is the best CB we have had in a while . Is he a Charles Woodson , no hes not but few are . Id say our biggest weakness on defense is our backline so pay the guy before we lose him . He wants to be here , you can see he takes pride in his position so lock him the eff up and lets go . Hes not gonna break the bank anyway

Last edited:
Back