Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Minor League Notes

https://247sports.com/mlb/tigers/Ar...dcast-Episode-3-September-Call-Ups-120730920/
Tigs Town Bourbon and Baseball BS Podcast - Ep 3: September Call-Ups. 85 minutes.

In the latest episode, Paul and Mark discuss how they initially got into minor league baseball and prospects coverage, discuss the September call-up options, especially guys like Dawel Lugo and Christin Stewart, and answer a reader question from their message board, projecting which members of the Top 50 would be on the Opening Day roster in 2021.

Topics tackled by Paul and Mark;
How the pair got into covering prospects and minor league baseball, and how Paul's laziness and disdain for the cold led him to TigsTown.

Candidates for September call-ups, including how many are expected to be added.

Which players, like Dawel Lugo and Christin Stewart, should be watched closely in their fall cameos?

A tangent on Nicholas Castellanos, and if the Tigers should be experimenting with him in right field.

Reader question from mastigsfan: How many prospects would from the current Top 50 would we project on the 2021 Opening Day roster?

Would non-Top 50 member, but new organization addition Willi Castro fit into that group on the 2021 Opening Day roster?

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2018/8...ron-parker-meadows-kody-clemens-wenceel-perez
Tigers promote Daz Cameron, Parker Meadows, and a bunch of other guys.
Cameron, Meadows, Kody Clemens, and Brock Deatherage are all moving up the minor league ladder.
BYBTB

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...-tigers-top-prospects-daz-cameron/1018650002/
Detroit Tigers promote prospects, including Daz Cameron to Triple-A.
Freep

Among the many moves the Tigers announced today is that SS Wenceel Perez is being sent to West Michigan. Praised for extraordinary hand-eye coordination, he's an athletic, hit-before-power guy.

Last edited:
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...8/tigers-shutting-down-casey-mize/1032543002/
Tigers shutting down Casey Mize after reaching his innings limit.
Detnews

They are excusing him from minor-league games after he started five times, spanning 13-2/3 innings, with his last four starts on behalf of their Single A Lakeland team.

Mize's arm and health are fine, the Tigers say. But after he threw 114-2/3 innings this season at Auburn, he has reached his ceiling, in his bosses' view.

"He's been throwing since last October, and he's wearing down, running out of gas," said Dave Littlefield, the TIgers vice president of player personnel. "As we said when he first signed, we wanted him only to throw 15 or 20 innings, something in that range, and we're very comfortable with the decision."

Mize was generally effective in his five starts, which featured six hits, 13 strikeouts, and three walks.

Last edited:
Brock Deatherage is making a name for himself in the Detroit Tigers system thanks to his sprinter speed and the fast start he?s gotten off to in pro ball. A 10th-round pick this year out of North Carolina State University, the 22-year-old outfielder is hitting .332/.388/.528, with six home runs and 16 stolen bases. On Friday, he was promoted from low-A West Michigan to high-A Lakeland.

We?ll hear more about, and from, Deatheridge on these electronic pages in the week to come. Today we?ll touch on who he is away from the baseball field.

?I?m a country boy from North Carolina,? is how Deatherage described himself when we spoke on Wednesday. ?I grew up on a dairy farm. My grandparents still have the farm ? we have about 500-600 cows ? and it?s been going for three generations. I?m a big-time go-getter ? I work my ass off with everything I do ? and I thank the farm for that.?

Deatherage earned a degree in agricultural business management at NC State, and he aspires to follow in the baseball-cattle footsteps of a prominent big-leaguer from his home state.

Fangraphs

2019 MLB Draft Standings
1 - Orioles (37-86)
2 - Royals (38-85) 1 GB
3 - White Sox (45-77) 8.5 GB
4 - Padres (49-77) 10.5 GB
5 - Marlins (49-76) 11 GB
6 - Tigers (51-73) 13.5 GB
7 - Mets (53-69) 16.5 GB
8 - Reds (54-69) 17 GB
9 - Rangers (55-70) 17 GB
10 - Blue Jays (55-68) 18 GB