Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Last edited:
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/02/mlb_umpires_adam_hamari.html#incart_river_index
Michigan native Adam Hamari now a full-time umpire; and shithead forever Jim Joyce retires.
Mlive

Four umpires are retiring: Bob Davidson, John Hirschbeck, Jim Joyce and Tim Welke.

Other new umpires this year will be Pat Hoberg, Gabe Morales and Carlos Torres, a native of Venezuela.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/2/...arraga-bob-davidson-john-hirschbeck-tim-welke
MLB umpire Jim Joyce to retire.
Bob Davidson, John Hirschbeck, and Tim Welke have also announced their retirement.
bybtb

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/article/216724882/tigers-ausmus-remembers-retiring-umpires/
Ausmus remembers retiring umpires.
Manager had history with some who have recently called it a career.
Tigers official site

http://espndeportes.espn.com/beisbo...a-dar-el-siguiente-paso-con-tigres-de-detroit
Boricua Joe Jim?nez busca dar el siguiente paso con Tigres de Detroit.
espn

I tried to translate.

Puerto Rican pitcher Joe Jim?nez again has his locker in the clubhouse of the Detroit Tigers in the Joker Marchand Stadium, home to spring training in Lakeland, Florida.

Y Jim?nez is confident that this spring performance worthy of you your own place at Comerica Park in Detroit.

Jimenez received his second call to spring the Tigers camp after an exceptional 2016, a campaign of dizzying rise through the minor leagues that has made that evaluators of talent virtually similar to the boricua as the future rolheiro in Detroit.

Armed with a powerful and electric straight round 100 miles per hour, law of 22 years recorded a 1.51 effectiveness in 53 and two-thirds of tickets at all three levels of the minor leagues last year, where she launched 15 and two-thirds of inning in Triple A.
The launcher Puerto Rican Joe Jimenez already has again your locker in the dressing room of the Detroit Tigers in the Stadium Joker Marchand, headquarters of spring training of the team in Lakeland, Florida.

And Jimenez trusts that this spring its performance you deserve your own place in Comerica Park, in Detroit.

Jim?nez received its second call to the camp spring Tigers after an exceptional 2016, a campaign of dizzying ascent through the minor leagues that has made the evaluators of talent virtually coronen the boricua as the future taponero in Detroit.

Armed with a powerful and electrical line that round the 100 miles per hour, the right of 22 years recorded a effectiveness 1.51 at 53 and two thirds of entries in the three levels of minor leagues last year, where launched 15 and two-thirds innings in Triple A.
The Puerto Rican pitcher Joe Jim?nez already has again its pigeonholes in the dressing room of the Tigers of Detroit in the Stadium Joker Marchand, head office of spring training of the team in Lakeland, Florida.

And Jim?nez trusts that this spring its own place deserves its performance in Comerica Park, Detroit.

Jim?nez received its second call to the spring camp of the Tigers after an exceptional 2016, a campaign of vertiginous acenso across the least leagues that has done that the talent assessors practically crown the boricua as the future taponero in Detroit.

Armed with a powerful and electrical straight line that is about 100 miles per hour, the right of 22 years registered an effectiveness 1.51 in 53 and two thirds of earnings in three levels of less leagues last year, where it threw 15 and two thirds of inning in Triple To.

' Last year I worked well in the minor leagues and I could learn from each League a little bit ", said Jimenez to ESPN Digital. "That made me reach Triple-A. Every year you learn something new; I think that's what helped me ".

With the Venezuelan closer Francisco Rodr?guez being under contract for only one more season, Jimenez could be a legitimate competition for Bruce Rondon for the role of rolheiro in case of injury or Exchange.

Kingdom to Rondon, Justin Wilson and of staying healthy, Shane Greene, Jimenez completed a formidable body of youth relevistas in the Tigers.

However, it is very likely debut Jimenez not be given until later in the season, in particular after the month of June, since it would not give as well by started their year of service and extend the time that would remain under the control of the team.

"The truth that is decision to them," said law if there is the possibility of starting the season with the big team from opening day. "I have the opportunity to make the team and but as I will Triple and possible to make me go".

"Whenever I talk to the pitching coaches, they tell me what I have to work on the side pitcheos and work in the strike zone and that's what we are working this year to see if we take the next step '.

Jimenez will have the opportunity to have a singular preparation this spring to measure players of the caliber of MLB in the next World Baseball Classic, in what will be his first involvement with the Puerto Rico team.

Puerto Rico team already has on its roster with the flamethrower of the Seattle Mariners, Edwin D?az, as possible closers, which anticipates next Jimenez might be a pair as fearsome as the Dominican duo Dellin Betances and Jeurys family.

Jimenez and Diaz are the two relevistas of higher octane in the body of Puerto Rico launchers, l
'last year because I developed well in the minor leagues and I was able to learn from each league a little'', said Jimenez to ESPN Digital. ''that made me reach Triple A. All years we learn something new; I think that is what has helped me''.

With the closer Venezuelan Francisco Rodriguez remain under contract for only one more season, Jimenez could be a legitimate competence for Bruce Rond?n for the role of taponero in case of injury or exchange.

Joined Rond?n, Justin Wilson, and stay healthy, Shane Greene, Jimenez would complete a formidable body of juvenile relevistas in tigers.

However, it is very likely that the debut of Jimenez will not give up until later in the season, in particular after the month of June, since that would not so started their year of service and extend the time that would remain under the control of the computer.

''The truth that it is the decision of them,'' said the right on whether there is the possibility of starting the season with a big team from the opening day. ''I have the opportunity of making the computer and but because I am going to Triple A and make it possible for me to rise''.

''Every time I talk to the pitching coaches, what they tell me is that I have to work in the pitcheos secondary and work in the strike zone and that is what we are working on this year to see if we are the next step''.

Jimenez will have the opportunity to have a unique preparation this spring to be measured to baseball players of the caliber of the big leagues in the next World Baseball Classic, in what will be his first involvement with the Puerto Rico team.

The Puerto Rico team already has in its roster with the flamethrower sailors of Seattle, Edwin Diaz, as possible closer, by which it is anticipated that next to Jimenez could be a pair so scary as the duo of Dominican Dellin Betances and Jeurys Family.

Jimenez and Diaz are the two relevistas of higher octane rating in the body of launchers of Puerto Rico, which is considered by many to be the greatest weakness of the team boricua, which finished second in the past Classic to be defeated by the champion Dominican Republic.

However Jimenez, who in 2013 was limited to be an amateur in the stands, trusts that the selection boricua will make a worthy role.

''Me feel good proud to be with all those boys and to represent Puerto Rico,'' said. ''In truth I think we have a good team''.

''In 2013 nobody thought that Puerto Rico would reach the last and i would say that half the equipment was unknown so to speak, and arrived seconds. This year we have a very good team, I would say that better than that of 2013, and we really going to give a good show in the classic''.
'Last year since I developed well in the least leagues and could learn of every league a bit", said Jim?nez to Digital ESPN. "That made me come to Triple To. Every year learns something new; I think that this is what has helped me".

With the Venezuelan lock Francisco Rodr?guez being low contract for only one more period, Jim?nez might be a legitimate competition for Bruce Rond?n for the taponero roll in case of injury or swap.

Joined to Rond?n, Justin Wilson and, of staying healthy, Shane Greene, Jim?nez would complete a formidable body of juvenile relevistas in the Tigers.

Nevertheless, it is very probable that the Jim?nez d?but does not happen even later in the period, in particular after June, since it would not give this way for initiated its year of service and would extend the time that would remain under control of the team.

"The truth this is a decision of them", he said the right if the possibility exists of starting the period with the big team from the Inaugural Day. "I have the opportunity to do the team and but since I go to Triple To and to do all the possible so that they raise me".

"Whenever I speak with the pitching coaches, they what they say to me is that I have to be employed at the secondary pitcheos and be employed at the strike area and that is what we are working this year to see if we give the next step".

Jim?nez will have the opportunity to have a singular preparation this spring on having measured itself to peloteros of the caliber of Big Leagues in the next World Outstanding figure of Baseball, in what will be its first participation with the team of Puerto Rico.

The team of Puerto Rico is already provided in its roster with the flame-thrower of the Sailors of Seattle, Edwin D?az, like possible lock, by which it is anticipated that along with Jim?nez there might be the double one so fearsome as the Dominican duo of Dellin Betances and Jeurys Familia.

Jim?nez and D?az are two relevistas of major octane number in the pitchers' body of Puerto Rico, which is considered to be by many the biggest weakness of the team boricua, that it remained second in the Classic past on having been defeated by the champion Rep?blica Dominicana.

Nevertheless, Jim?nez, who in 2013 was limited to being a fan in the bleachers, trusts that the selection boricua will do a worth role.

"I feel quite proud to be with all these boys and to represent Puerto Rico", he said. "Really I think that we have good team".

"In 2013 nobody was thinking that Puerto Rico was going to come up to the last thing and I would say that half of the team was not known for saying it this way, and seconds came. This year we have a very good team, I would say that better than that of 2013, and really we are going to give a good show in the Outstanding figure".

Back