Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Do you like using subtitles?

Heatman

When you're watching your favorite TV shows and movies, do you like watching them with subtitles or not?

Personally, I love using subtitles to watch my movies and TV shows because it keeps me eye glued 100% on it so I don't miss any conversation.

Do you like using subtitles?

Occasional on hard to understand shows. But I like watching the show rather than staring at the subtitles. Never on sports, very annoying and not needed.

I don't like using subtitles at all when I'm watching a movie. They only distract me from enjoying the movie, and I also don't have any problems understanding what the actors are saying.

Subtitles are not something I use often when I am watching something on the television, I find that they can easily distract me when it comes to focusing on what I am watching and then I lose track.

The only time I find I use subtitles is when something I am watching is either not in English and I need the subtitles or if something I am watching is difficult to hear.

Subtitles come in handy when I’m busy doing something that’s loud, like if I’m vacuuming or something. In general, I’d rather just use my ears though.

I'm deaf in my right ear so I have to use subtitles when I watch movies or play video games as I tend to not be able to hear them too well. Subtitles help me from missing anything in a movie or a game.

I'm deaf in my right ear so I have to use subtitles when I watch movies or play video games as I tend to not be able to hear them too well. Subtitles help me from missing anything in a movie or a game.
Damn! Sorry to hear about your hearing problem. In this kind of situation, there's no way you wouldn't need subtitles all the time because It's necessary for you.

Back