Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ESPN picks Spartans to take next step in 2012

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
greenandwhite95 said:
It's funny watching these UM homers on here try to downplay their loses next year saying they have even better backups, even though they are unproven, yet we are screwed because we have to use some players that are unproven ? Too fuckin funny. I think with a tough schedule and some growing pains, the yellow ( I think johnny struck a chord there, lol ) and blue will struggle next year, at least they wont have a year like this year.

What backups did I say were better?

Refer to reply #11. Tell me what improvement means ?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
greenandwhite95 said:
Correct me if i'm wrong but weren't those RR players out there this year ? Lets see in a couple years what Hoke players can d.

Exactly. A good coach at a big school can get to 10 wins. Once RR players are outta here, UM can be dominate again.

:)

LOL

greenandwhite95 said:
DR said:
We were discussing the topic and brought up valid points. That's what a messabe board is for, you were the one that went off topic and brought up Michigan. If we knew each other in person I'd place a bet with you in a second about whether or not MSU shows a big improvement next year, but I doubt you'd take it.

Valid to you, a UM fan. Enough said

Did you already forget that a half hour before this post you agreed with me and said other MSU fans do too, but might not admit it?

greenandwhite95 said:
DR said:
You were the one that brought up Michigan's situation, dipwad.

Basically it was a few UM dipwads who were insecure about MSU getting resignation about the upcoming year. SO, they had to try and make themselves feel better by comparring the loses on the field between the 2 teams, which in turn made them look even more foolish then they originally looked.

Once again, it was the MSU fan that started the comparison. Resignation. God you're a retard.

greenandwhite95 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

What backups did I say were better?

The only way to show improvement is to increase talent level? Interesting....

DR said:
greenandwhite95 said:
Basically it was a few UM dipwads who were insecure about MSU getting resignation about the upcoming year. SO, they had to try and make themselves feel better by comparring the loses on the field between the 2 teams, which in turn made them look even more foolish then they originally looked.

Once again, it was the MSU fan that started the comparison. Resignation. God you're a retard.

Ladies and gentleman, I give to you, one of the UM dipwads.

DR said:
greenandwhite95 said:

The only way to show improvement is to increase talent level? Interesting....

Another yellow and blue fan who doesn't undestand what improvement means. WHy don't you refer back to his question jack ass. Man you guys are slow.

DR said:
greenandwhite95 said:
Valid to you, a UM fan. Enough said

Did you already forget that a half hour before this post you agreed with me and said other MSU fans do too, but might not admit it?

I agree that we have an inexperienced WR core and am intelligent enough to understand we could have problems, unlike you M fans who believe everything will be better even though you face similar problems but on your D-line.

greenandwhite95 said:
DR said:

I agree that we have an inexperienced WR core and am intelligent enough to understand we could have problems, unlike you M fans who believe everything will be better even though you face similar problems but on your D-line.

Why do you have to go and insult johnny2x by calling him unintelligent? That's not very nice.

And no, the problems are not similar. Michigan has two returning linemen who have multiple starts and others with plenty of game experience. MSU has a QB with 51 attempts and no WR's with more than 4 catches. Not similar.

When did I not admit WR is a concern dipshit? It is, but we do have a lot of talent there and some play makers. We also have a deeper and improved O line, a potentially great TE coming back, and a great group of RBs. We'll be better at several positions on offense, but WR isn't one of them. Bennie Fowler needs to step up big time, but he has made some plays before and is explosive.

It all comes down to Maxwell IMO, there will be receivers to throw to and a good O line and RBs, he has enough around him to be successful, if he's a game manager we'll be good, if he's more than that we could be better than this year. Defense is going to be crazy good!

DR said:
And no, the problems are not similar. Michigan has two returning linemen who have multiple starts and others with plenty of game experience. MSU has a QB with 51 attempts and no WR's with more than 4 catches. Not similar.

Bennie Fowler is returning and he was effective in 2010. Dion Sims had 12 catches and 3 TDs before breaking his wrist this year. Tony Lippett is the 4 catches you are referring to. There is plenty of talent and some experience. I mean come on, Martin and Vandenberg were the absolute core of that defense and there is no replacing them. I suppose David Molk is easy to replace too?

johnny2x2x said:
When did I not admit WR is a concern dipshit? It is, but we do have a lot of talent there and some play makers. We also have a deeper and improved O line, a potentially great TE coming back, and a great group of RBs. We'll be better at several positions on offense, but WR isn't one of them. Bennie Fowler needs to step up big time, but he has made some plays before and is explosive.

It all comes down to Maxwell IMO, there will be receivers to throw to and a good O line and RBs, he has enough around him to be successful, if he's a game manager we'll be good, if he's more than that we could be better than this year. Defense is going to be crazy good!

Playmakers?? Who in the hell are the playmakers? Fowler, who has 16 career catches, 4 over 20 yards? Ooooooh. Your fat tight end? Or is it your corner who averaged 11 yards on 4 catches?

Again, you better pray the o-line improves enough to bump you way the hell over 4 ypc. If that doesn't happen, the odds of you even coming close to matching this year's success are under 50, IMO. As crazy good as your defense may be.

And I'm not saying Michigan's d-line situation is rosy, but replacing 3 spots with one guy that started last year, a 5-star who has shown signs of improvement, plus talent like Pipkens is no where near replacing a QB and all WR's with guys who max out at a few games worth of experience in two calendar years by the time next season rolls around.

Both of the coaching staffs have proven they can develop players. Michigans Dline won't be as good, but the LBs and DBs will all be better to make up for the Dline. So the defense can be as good.

And I don't doubt that msu WRs will fill in and be fine too. Might not be as good, but a better running game will make up for it.

Its the QB for msu. Qb position is a totally different thing. Its hard to tell what he does. He could good or bad, hell even lose the starting job to the back up, who turns out good.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Both of the coaching staffs have proven they can develop players. Michigans Dline won't be as good, but the LBs and DBs will all be better to make up for the Dline. So the defense can be as good.

And I don't doubt that msu WRs will fill in and be fine too. Might not be as good, but a better running game will make up for it.

Its the QB for msu. Qb position is a totally different thing. Its hard to tell what he does. He could good or bad, hell even lose the starting job to the back up, who turns out good.

I agree. It's all about Maxwell for MSU, the receivers will be fine if he can get them the ball. Personally I think it's harder to replace a QB than receivers, you get a good QB in there and if you've got reasonably good athletes at WR you can have a great passing attack.

D line can be the same. A good D line makes the LBs and DBs not the other way around. You build from the trenches out, the Lions have finally learned this.

The O-Line should be better, which would really help our run game (especially Baker). If we can have good balance, then we won't have to put a lot will be on Maxwell. To be honest, I don't think Maxwell will be as good as Cousins, but I'm not really concerned about him. We'll be fine at TE, Sims is probably our best TE right now, and he'll be back. WR, I am concerned a little, but out of Fowler, Lippet, Caeser, Burbridge, Kings, and maybe even Caper we should be able to find a nice combo. The D will be fine, an underrated loss will be Pickelman, though he was a monster this year. All in all I think the team should be about the same, better rushing attack, not as good at throwing the ball, with a stout D.

This is a funny thread.

For the record, MSU is currently 11th in the B1G in scoring offense, 9th in rushing (yards and ypc), and dead last in pass efficiency. I don't bust this out often but lol.

rofl at these poor delusional little sister fans.

Unlike some people I didn't make a complete jackass out of myself with my assessments and predictions. Ha!

Back