Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Farewell ?Come on Down?

Bob Barker was around seemingly forever, like Monty Hall, and Gene Rayburn and a couple other game show hosts I am forgetting from my 1950's and 60's youth.

Tinsel I am not sure of the meaning of the title that you wrote for him?

I heard he was involved in lawsuits after a couple of the women on the Price is Right, Dian and Holly took him to court.

That is a nice long run for anyone. RIP

Bob Barker was around seemingly forever, like Monty Hall, and Gene Rayburn and a couple other game show hosts I am forgetting from my 1950's and 60's youth.

Tinsel I am not sure of the meaning of the title that you wrote for him?

I heard he was involved in lawsuits after a couple of the women on the Price is Right, Dian and Holly took him to court.

That is a nice long run for anyone. RIP

That?s my bad.

I got him mixed up with Bob Eubanks of the Newlywed Game.

I?m going to change the title, and save this title for when Bob Eubanks goes.

Did Bob Barker ever say "come on down", I thought that was Rod Roddy

The thing I always remember him saying was "don't forget to get your pet spayed or neutered".

Did Bob Barker ever say "come on down", I thought that was Rod Roddy

The thing I always remember him saying was "don't forget to get your pet spayed or neutered".

You may be right.

I rarely forgot to get pet spayed or neutered.

Not sure if I credit that to Bob Barker or Betty White.

Maybe a combination of both.

Love that song. And the blond wearing the hat in the truck.

Last edited:
Love that song. And the blond wearing the hat in the truck.

TSDS.

It?s definitely a love/hate relationship:

Meanwhile, all these West Coast teams ?moving? to the Midwest.

Really? who didn?t know that the center of college football revolved around the triangle of South Bend, Ann Arbor, and Columbus?

I?ve known it all my life.

TSDS - Texas Student Data System?

Well, I meant ?That State Down South? - but Ohio is not south of either of us.

It was kind of figurative.

Woody Hayes used to refer to Michigan as ?that team up north.?

Urban Meyer referred to Michigan as ?our rival.?

I guess the Buckeyes coach should never utter the word that is the name of the state.

Back