Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Felix vs Verlander.

Felix or Verlander

• King Felix

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Justin Verlander

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

wolverine304

Felix with his 5th complete game shut out of the year. I now would say Felix is the best pitcher in baseball. He's just been dominating lately.

Go Mariners!!

Last edited:
The thing that is hurting JV right now is the W-L. He could be 16-2 or better right now with a few more runs of support here and there. If that were the case he'd be at the top of the discussion again for Cy Young...

Numbers are about a close as you can get at this point of the season.

Right now I think the perfect game gives Felix the edge, but it really will be decided in these last 7 or so starts.

also, I'd say Sale and Weaver are still in the mix and don't count out Rodney.

JV has 42 more innings than Weaver. That alone knocks him out, imo. Big difference between JV and Sale too.

Felix with his 5th complete game shut out of the year. I now would say Felix is the best pitcher in baseball. He's just been dominating lately.

Go Mariners!!

You do know JV has 6, right? If you want to argue for your guy, use another stat.

It is close but today I had to vote for Felix. After tonight's start I could change my mind....it is that close.

Can't go wrong with either of them, but JV separates himself in my mind by having slightly better stuff. You're just from a different planet when you can still dial it up to 101mph after 130+ pitches.

JV has 6 complete games, not shut outs.

Also someone said JV would have better numbers if he had run support. Kinda silly argument vs Felix lol. I swear the mariners offense is even worse than normal when he pitches.

I think Felix has a slight edge over JV as of now. But I wouldn't be upset with JV winning it.

Also think Price is closer than Weaver or Sale.

But I'm glad Felix got some votes. Nice fan base.

Assuming JV has a good game tonight and wins, they'll each have 13 wins in 27 starts.

JV will have a couple more innings, 16+ more Ks, a better WHIP, a better WAR, and more complete games. Felix will have a slightly better ERA, more shutouts and the perfect game. It's close, but with a good start and a win tonight JV should get the nod.

JV has the same WAR as Felix with one fewer start. Barring a horrible outing he will pass Felix tonight. It is close, but JV has been slightly better. Also, David Price until his start yesterday was considered the favorite by many. It is pretty close between those three. Sale and Weaver are still in it but probably not realistically close to the top 3 guys.

Also someone said JV would have better numbers if he had run support. Kinda silly argument vs Felix lol. I swear the mariners offense is even worse than normal when he pitches.

JV Run Support: 3.50
Felix Run Support: 3.78

JV's run support is lower than King Felix's, so that argument does hold true.

JV has 42 more innings than Weaver. That alone knocks him out, imo. Big difference between JV and Sale too.
Absolutely right now, but a lot can happen in 6 or 7 starts. Look at the stretch that Felix is currently on.

Back