Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ferguson, MO

I don't know how poorly trained &/or INSANE an officer has to be to allow what looks to be - by all accounts - jaywalking, to escalate into a police shooting of an unarmed kid, with multiple witnesses saying he had his hands up. you'd think their municipal insurer would be pulling the plug on their coverage of the Ferguson PD.

it's also telling that the Ferguson PD hasn't even bothered trying to spin this, or trot out the usual cop excuses for killing someone... "he was reaching into his pocket" "he had prior offenses" "he advanced on the officers with some object in his hands" ... they literally couldn't even do those things in this case. no, they just brought out the tanks and tear gas and started clubbing.

https://twitter.com/BBolander/status/499712938308292608

I just logged on to post the Washington Post story. This is incredible. Things are heading in a bad direction.

WE'VE GOT TO DISMANTLE THIS TERRORIST EQUIPMENT!!! FOR SAFETY!!!

jccFq44.jpg

indeed. and hopefully the militarized police don't respond to that referendum by killing everyone.

It's not a completely easy thing to address. it's not yes or no, but how much is too much? There's no department I would deny vests. Some places should have riot shields and tear gas. But very few places need guns bigger than a handgun or armored vehicles.

Last edited:
It's not a completely easy thing to address. it's not yes or no, but how much is too much? There's no department I would deny vests. Some places should have riot shields and tear gas. But very few places need guns bigger than a handgun or armored vehicles.

at least some police recognize this (i saw a quote from the chief of the Salt Lake City PD saying the police should not look like the military, and something about how they're not doing their jobs if they do.)

Yeah Bryan Suits on KABC radio was talking about this. Apparently he was in the National Guard during the LA riots, and he said that they had the good sense not to bring the armored vehicles out at that time.

Back