Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Free Agency Tracker

I love that players are spurning LA and NY for "less glamorous" markets. It's probably never going to change how rich those teams are, but it's nice to see that players care more about winning than zip code.

To be honest if LA or NY weren't shit fires they would be chosen by these players. I mean there is a difference between choosing between a winning team and a not so winning team and choosing a god awful crap team.

To be honest if LA or NY weren't shit fires they would be chosen by these players. I mean there is a difference between choosing between a winning team and a not so winning team and choosing a god awful crap team.

But that's exactly the point. NY and LA have been drawing big time interest in prior times when they weren't good also. I'm hoping these last couple years are the start of something, where players actually pay attention to the team they are going to rather than just the location.

But that's exactly the point. NY and LA have been drawing big time interest in prior times when they weren't good also. I'm hoping these last couple years are the start of something, where players actually pay attention to the team they are going to rather than just the location.

No missing my point. Yes, in the past they were "not good" but still got talent like Carmelo. But both NY and LAL are SO bad currently that no one wants to go there. Difference lets put it in numbers say 5-7 years ago NY was a 2 out of 10 in terms of how good their team was, currently they are -8

Pistons trade a future 2nd round pick to Phoenix for Marcus Morris, Danny Granger, and Reggie Bullock

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Pistons trade a future 2nd round pick to Phoenix for Marcus Morris, Danny Granger, and Reggie Bullock

That's pretty solid, good backup big, young PG and a good shooting wing off the bench. 2nds aren't worth much unless you can snatch a Draymond Green as the Warriors did. SVG did good not to overspend in free agency. Getting 2, still young former 1st round picks and Granger for a 2nd is good value.

====================

Jackson, Bullock
KCP, Meeks, Hilliard
Johnson, Granger, Hilliard
Elyasova, Tolliver
Drummond, Morris

======================

Morris is a bit undersized for center, so maybe going after a Koufos in FA is an option still, would rather see Morris on the court over Tolliver anyways.

Last edited:
I like Morris, but Bullock is trash I think in 11 games last year in Phoenix he shot get this 6.3% as in he would make 6 shots out of a 100. Granger will probably be released or something can't imagine he was at all happy.

That's pretty solid, good backup big, young PG and a good shooting wing off the bench. 2nds aren't worth much unless you can snatch a Draymond Green as the Warriors did. SVG did good not to overspend in free agency.

====================

Jackson, Bullock
KCP, Meeks, Hilliard
Elyasova, Tolliver
Drummond, Morris

======================

Morris is a bit undersized for center, so maybe going after a Koufos in FA is an option still, would rather see Morris on the court over Tolliver anyways.

Yeah I don't see Morris as a C, but him playing over Tolliver HELL YEAH. Much better overall, he could even push to start.

We've signed C Aron Baynes apparently also, 2 years, so no Koufos needed, good sign.

Jackson, Jennings, Bullock
KCP, Meeks, Hilliard
Elyasova, Morris, Tolliver
Drummond, Baynes, Morris

me thinks we'll need to ship out Jennings soon

Last edited:
We've signed C Aron Baynes apparently also, 2 years, so no Koufos needed, good sign.

KCP, Meeks, Hilliard
Drummond, Baynes, Morris

Forgot about dinwiddie

KCP, Meeks, Hilliard
Drummond, Baynes, Morris

Morris will start at SF, Granger is a 10% chance to be on the roster come pre season. Most likely cut or traded again

Morris will start at SF, Granger is a 10% chance to be on the roster come pre season. Most likely cut or traded again

You're likely right about Granger, but hey, Caron Butler held down a bench job last season, SVG likes those types of wings off the bench.

Morris starting at SF I don't see, Johnson is expected to be the favorite for that job. maybe Marcus starts at PF and Elyasova off the bench for 25-30 minutes, should keep him healthier.

Last edited:
PHOENIX -- Suns players Marcus and Markieff Morris have pleaded not guilty to two counts of felony aggravated assault.

They are accused of helping three other people beat a man outside a Phoenix recreation center on Jan. 24. The brothers entered their pleas Thursday in Maricopa County Superior Court.

Police say 36-year-old Erik Hood reported that he was repeatedly punched and kicked while sustaining a fractured nose, abrasions and large bump on his head.

A call to the Suns for comment was not immediately returned.

The 6-foot-9 twins became teammates in 2013 when Marcus was traded to the Suns. Their next court appearance is June 30.

Pistons sign Aron Baynes from the Spurs. Reported to be 3 years for $20M.

So far this off season the Pistons have added 5 back up players.

Detroit is a non-draw of a city, and the Pistons are a non-draw as a team. Backups are all we realistically should have expected. That said, I don't hate any of the players we've picked up. Stan seems to be bad with money, but the team needed depth anyway.

Detroit is a non-draw of a city, and the Pistons are a non-draw as a team. Backups are all we realistically should have expected. That said, I don't hate any of the players we've picked up. Stan seems to be bad with money, but the team needed depth anyway.

Depth is easy to find...the Pistons needed to add at least one all star caliber player. Even though Monroe isn't a good defensive player he is a MUCH better player than any of the scrubs they added.

Depth is easy to find...the Pistons needed to add at least one all star caliber player. Even though Monroe isn't a good defensive player he is a MUCH better player than any of the scrubs they added.

And it would take a max deal to sign him, stan is saving up, I don't think it's a terrible plan.

Back