Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Free Agent transaction tracker

spockmaster

I made this thread mostly becuase I think its fucking hilarious that the Mets signed Cuddyer even before the decided what to do with his QO. What the hell, Mets? hahahahaha

but srsly, a thread for tracking free agent deals that have nothing (or little) to do with the Tigers. The plus for us for this one is that we move up a pick in the draft since the Mets lost theirs.

I made this thread mostly becuase I think its fucking hilarious that the Mets signed Cuddyer even before the decided what to do with his QO. What the hell, Mets? hahahahaha

but srsly, a thread for tracking free agent deals that have nothing (or little) to do with the Tigers. The plus for us for this one is that we move up a pick in the draft since the Mets lost theirs.

Somebody wanted Cuddyer the Tigers to sign him to be a platoon DH....was it you or somebody else?

It was me, but only before the Rockies gave him the qualifying offer (and also only if we couldnt resign VMart.) Giving up a draft pick for him is ludicrious.

Last edited:
It was me, but only before the Rockies gave him the qualifying offer (and also only if we couldnt resign VMart.) Giving up a draft pick for him is ludicrious.

I was surprised that they gave him the offer. $15.3 M for him is crazy!

Last 3 years Away M. Cuddyer 118 wRC+ .795 OPS .344 wOBA

Last 3 years defense OF = -11.9 UZR/150

Terrible defensive OFer, who is above average offensively. Cuddyer hasn't played more than 140 games in a season since 2010. Of his 14 years, only 4 seasons are more than 140 games. Only 5 are more than 130 games.

I'm not a fan. I am glad someone like the terrible Mets signed him.

Last edited:
Just read in KC's Tiger thread that V-Mart may get a 4 year $80M contract. Bye Bye V-mart!

I'm really surprised how slow the free agency period has been.

Your post right above this one mentions VMart asking for 4Y/80M. Now I'm hearing C Russell Martin is seeking 5 years $75-80M.
If that's the financial direction FA players are taking, then that explains why transactions are really slow.

Last edited:
Just read in KC's Tiger thread that V-Mart may get a 4 year $80M contract. Bye Bye V-mart!

Your post right above this one mentions VMart asking for 4Y/80M.

Putting the cart before the horse. The Vmart 4/$80 is nothing but speculation by Jon Heyman. He's writing a column on what a random agent, a random GM and he think the top FA's might get, and people see this and assume that is what Vmart is asking for. Funny to note that in the article Heyman is suggesting more money than even the agent did, and that should tell you something about that figure. People just automatically grab the largest number out there and wave it like a flag.

The 4/$80M figure is nothing but fiction until we know otherwise.

Not "reporting" it's happening, & Melky may not rush this, but many thought they're into him, and he IS into them. Tigers not into Rasmus.
Tigers likely don't go past 4 years for Cabrera - and may not need to. He's got a WS ring, so not exactly chasing. May be more $ elsewhere.
from someone named Greg Brady on twitter

Also saw rumors that it might take 5/$100mil for VMart. Dunno how true that is, but PASS if it is.

If we sign Melky, we absolutely need to get a defensive whiz CF and relegate Davis to 4th OF/pinch runner/bench bat vs LHP.

Last edited:
I'm really surprised how slow the free agency period has been.

A. The free agent class this year is probably one of the worst in regards to talent.

B. Most moves come during the week or immediately after the GM's meetings (10-13 November), or during the winter meetings (8-11 December).

Take Victor off the list.....reportedly 4 year deal with Tigers.....no details on money yet, my guess in the neighborhood of 72 million which is 18m/year.

Not a FA move, but the cardinals just traded for heyward.

Fuck the cardinals.

Not a FA move, but the cardinals just traded for heyward.

Fuck the cardinals.
The best defensive OF in the game. I would have traded Price for him. Oh well, the Cards are looking to get back to the WS.

Blue Jays sign Martin...5 years $82M
Excellent game manager. I thought he was going to the Cubs. Now that Detroit picked up Avila's option, offer him and Price to the Cubs for Buxton, Lindor, or Russell.

Back