Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 105: White Sux @ Tigers, July 31st 2014

Avila on the first pitch hits a line drive over the overshift into RF, 1 on

Suarez hits a soft grounder to short, Ramirez to Beckham for 1, Suarez safe at 1st, 1 on, 1 out

Jackson lines it into left center for a single, Suarez to 3rd, runners at the corners, 1 out

Kinsler hits a shallow fly to left center, won't be deep enough to score Suarez, Eaton under it, 2 on, 2 out

Cabrera lines it directly to Beckham, 3 out

Tied 4-4 after 4

Danks @ 82 pitches

Nothing much in baseball bothers me more then a runner on third and 1 out and the batter fails to drive him in....

Maybe a pitcher having a hitter 0-2 and surrendering a hit...

that GD abreu could yet have an outside long shot at a triple crown FFS, would really hate to see that Miggy accomplishment lessened in anyway. Hope miggy heals up 110% soon as well he seems to be scuffling again.

that GD abreu could yet have an outside long shot at a triple crown FFS, would really hate to see that Miggy accomplishment lessened in anyway. Hope miggy heals up 110% soon as well he seems to be scuffling again.

Why would Abreu winning it diminish what Miggy did?

I sure hope Alex doesn't waste money on lottery tickets....because he's the unluckiest motherfucker I ever saw.

Eaton singles on a ground ball to center, 1 on

Ramirez hits the first pitch right to Suarez, shovels it to Kinsler for 1, down to Cabrera for 2, double play, 2 out

Abreu hits a fly ball to deep center, it will get past Jackson, double, 1 on, 2 out

Viciedo battling, pops up the 10th pitch in foul territory, Kinsler runs over for the catch, 3 out

4-4 tie after 4.5

Smyly @ 95 pitches

Ok I am going to mow lawn....

when I come back I want runs and some deals DD...

I think he means because of how long it had been since someone did it. Then to have someone do it 2 years later.

I don;t feel that way, if Abreu can do it, more power to him.

I think he means because of how long it had been since someone did it. Then to have someone do it 2 years later.

I don;t feel that way, if Abreu can do it, more power to him.

I see. Yeah I don't feel that way either. Miggy is still going to be the answer to that baseball trivia question of who was the first guy to finally win the triple crown again after 45 years or whatever it was.

would make it seem slightly less monumental for Miggy if two players accomplished it within just a couple of years of each other after nobody had for many years. JMO

Last edited:
VMart grounds it to 3rd, Garcia to Abreu, 1 out

Hunter walks on 6 pitches, 1 on, 1 out

JD hits a line drive to left, Hunter rounds 2nd headed to 3rd, Viciedo drops it but throws it to catch JD between 1st and 2nd, he'll be tagged out...Hunter to 3rd, 2 out

Castellanos will get a free pass, runners at the corners, 2 out

Avila Ks on 3 pitches, 3 out

4-4 tie after 5

Danks @ 105 pitches

I'm just tracking on ESPN... Did Castellanos just get intentionally walked to get to Avila?? That's just sad. That might be the first and only time Nick will get an intentional walk.

Last edited:
would make it seem slightly less monumental for Miggy if two players accomplished it within just a couple of years of each other after nobody had for many years. JMO

Ehh I don't see it that way. I think it would speak to just how good both players were more than how easy the Triple Crown was to win. Miggy would still come first, so he'll be remembered no matter what.

Frank Robinson and Carl Yastrzemski won it in back to back seasons, but everyone remembers Yas in 67 for much the same reason.

Avila is just not getting it done at the plate this year. dude needs to get it together.

Back