Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 11: Detroit Tigers @ Pittsburgh Pirates 12:35 EST 4/9

byco42

ESPN Gamecast

Detroit Tigers (6-4) L3
Casey Mize R 0-0 6.23 ERA 1.62 WHIP

Confirmed Lineup
  1. CF Matt Vierling R
  2. RF Mark Canha R
  3. LF Riley Greene L
  4. 1B Spencer Torkelson R
  5. 3B Gio Urshela R
  6. 2B Colt Keith L
  7. C Carson Kelly R
  8. SS Javier Baez R
  9. DH Jake Rogers R
Pittsburgh Pirates (9-2) W3
Martin Perez L 1-0 2.45 ERA 1.55 WHIP

Confirmed Lineup
  1. 2B Jared Triolo R
  2. DH B. Reynolds S
  3. 3B K. Hayes R
  4. LF J. Suwinski L
  5. RF E. Olivares R
  6. 1B Rowdy Tellez L
  7. CF M. Taylor R
  8. C Henry Davis R
  9. SS A. Williams R

Watch Freep

Baseball Reference

Tigers-Pirates Player

5% Precipitation 67° Wind 10 mph R-L
LINE PIT -125 O/U 8.5 Runs

Last edited:
I’m curious would we be better off if we drafted Langford over Clark ? I Keep hearing on the radio broadcast and radio shows that we drafted Clark because we could pay him less ? I’m asking is this true ? Langford is not tearing the cover off the ball but he did break spring with the Rangers. He has only 6 RBI’s so far this year batting .256 looks like he is a dh only. Guess we have one of those at Toledo (Malloy) Sadly no one is really hitting in Toledo either right now. Team is batting only .212.

Need to break out the hitting slump buster !

I don't remember the last time a player (Meadows) was the lead-off hitter one day and in the 9 hole the next. Provided the Expected Lineup goes as expected. I really don't know much about the purpose of them, since they usually change. Maybe just projection on the part of the third-party sources who like to speculate.

I don't remember the last time a player (Meadows) was the lead-off hitter one day and in the 9 hole the next. Provided the Expected Lineup goes as expected. I really don't know much about the purpose of them, since they usually change. Maybe just projection on the part of the third-party sources who like to speculate.
They did that earlier in the season when a LH was pitching so Meadows got moved to 9th.

I’m curious would we be better off if we drafted Langford over Clark ? I Keep hearing on the radio broadcast and radio shows that we drafted Clark because we could pay him less ? I’m asking is this true ? Langford is not tearing the cover off the ball but he did break spring with the Rangers. He has only 6 RBI’s so far this year batting .256 looks like he is a dh only. Guess we have one of those at Toledo (Malloy) Sadly no one is really hitting in Toledo either right now. Team is batting only .212.

I don't know if Lankford is a DH in Texas because of his defensive liabilities or because Texas is full in the OF. Maybe a combo of both. Langford would not be helping this team and way too early to know who the best player will be. But knowing what I know now I'm glad we drfated Clark.

I remember you saying the same thing about Jobe/Meyer. Give it time.

I wanted Langford over Clark before he ever took a swing as a pro

I remember you saying the same thing about Jobe/Meyer. Give it time.
Strange I don’t remember saying this. But maybe I did. Hope you are right. I was just asking. I really don’t know who will turn out better between Langford and Clark. I hope it is our guy.

Last edited:
On the radio broadcast they were saying we have two hitting coaches. They also mentioned that the Yankees hired one of our older hitting instructors. Guess he was a NY native.

November 23rd 2023
Monday afternoon, the New York Yankees hired Detroit Tigers assistant hitting coach James Rowson for their head hitting coach vacancy. Rowson spent just one season in Detroit, meaning New York will be Rowson's third team in as many years.

I wanted Langford as well, but Clark would've went 4th had we not taken him so it's not like we reached taking Clark. I think we all just wanted the guy that would be up sooner and not another high school kid. I could care less what Langford does from here on out. Just like Marcelo Meyer.

kind of consistent. First 5 batters are all 1-3. Bottom 4 are all 0-3.
1712686951626.png

Back