Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 11: Packers @ Lions *Thanksgiving* Thread

Thanks. However, perhaps 7 minutes is enough time to get the ball twice and not have to rely on making a 2-pt conversion. It's done for good and all, anyway.

We do have Dolly Parton to look forward to soon.

I wonder if there?s a betting line if she will or won?t sing ?Hard Candy Christmas??

She claims it?s not really a Christmas song.

Bruce Willis claims ?Die Hard? isn?t a Christmas movie.

Given each other?s state of being, who would win in a fight to the death over who is more right?

It?s possibly a debate that can never be decided.

Let?s see what the experts say.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P0JvXVEgqF0&pp=ygUYbG92ZSBoYXJkIGNocmlzdG1hcyBzb25n

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6qkBK3baK-4&pp=ygUpaGFyZCBjYW5keSBjaHJpc3RtYXMgc29uZyBieSBkb2xseSBwYXJ0b24%3D

Weird game. The more and more Ive watched NFL games over the last 2 years, I just think their rigged. Couple things that happened today that I thought were really weird. Green Bay's 2nd td on 3rd and 1. Sutton has clear shot up the middle to sack Love and stops. He stops and looks at the rb who is running down the oline clearly without the ball. Love pops the ball over the top for td. Goffs 2nd fumble, he's running with the ball in one hand, and on replay, you can see he throws the ball at the ground. It was like he pushed it to the ground. No one knocked it out. Then Green Bays patchwork defense having pressure almost every pass play. Ok, wtf is that? Goff, for most of the year, has had all day to throw. Somehow, Love had all day to throw and was rarely ever blitzed. When Love was under pressure, his WRs were always wide open. Lions had DBs standing around and not jumping routes. There have been other games(not Lions or Steeler games)this year, where im left shaking head saying, no way, that aint right. NFL is becoming unfun to watch, to me. Ill add one other tidbit. Teams are always going for 2, when they shouldn't. And, somehow, it almost always fucks with the sports line. When the Lions went for 2 on their 2nd TD, it didnt fuck with the line. But they had no business going for it. You kick the extra point and your down a fg and a td. You miss the 2 point and now you have to score 2 TDs if we are nearing the end of the game Just weird shit

Can?t say stuff like St.Brown did after the Bears game. Calling them chokers Then turn around as a team and play like this four days later. This team was and still is reading the press clippings. Thought the could just show up and win. Frustrating how unprepared they were today

Seriously Dan Said in the post game presser he isn?t going to panic but seriously he should have lost the last 2 games in a row. If fumble fingers Goff didn?t have a great 4 minutes this team would be 7-4 right now. Lucky to be 1-1 last two game. Not sure why anyone would be confident playing in New Orleans the next game. Just blitz Goff and he caves in and panics .Hopefully they can fix things fast. Glenn needs help with his defense and again Ben?s play calling was underwhelming today.

Last edited:
Interior pressure on first fumble caused Goff to step up allowing a blocked gary to come back. Give us Jonah Jackson back please

2nd fumble was Goff had to run due to interior pressure. Stupid hokding ball out

3rd fumble Decker just whiffed on 4th down known pass

On D, Paschal, Charles Harris, Cominsky, Okwaras and Levi O super disappointing. Lots of money for nothing

Goff was definitely off though in fear of pressure. Some jusy bad or inaccurate behind throws too. And cant go deep if you get pressured

Last edited:
It?s frustrating. We all know what gets to Goff is a blitzing pass rush. Did Ben ever adjust to the rush ? I?m frustrated with some of the play calls when we all know he had hardly any time to throw. Maybe get the ball out faster ?

I just hate losses to inferior teams. We were out played and out coached. Frustrating after what the Bears did to us.

Last edited:
I came across this quote from gambling Campbell talking about going for it on 4th down (a week or so ago)

"Here's what I would say, because I tell my family this, just wear a diaper before some of these games,"

I hope he was wearing one yesterday...because he shit himself with some of those calls! :lmao:

Was most surprised by the poor pass protection
Was most disappointed by the lack of pressure of our own yet again
And Goff reminded us again why the rams gave up on him he needs top notch pass protection to succeed else he crumbles fumbles and throws INT?s

I?m not sure they will even end up holding onto the Div at this point.

Was most surprised by the poor pass protection
Was most disappointed by the lack of pressure of our own yet again
And Goff reminded us again why the rams gave up on him he needs top notch pass protection to succeed else he crumbles fumbles and throws INT?s

I?m not sure they will even end up holding onto the Div at this point.

they will probably still win the division. However, three teams that are very likely to be in the playoffs (SF,Dal,Philly) all have very good pass rushes.

they will probably still win the division. However, three teams that are very likely to be in the playoffs (SF,Dal,Philly) all have very good pass rushes.

I don?t expect them to beat any of those teams I?d be perfectly happy with a Div and at least one playoff win for the first time since it was still a teenager

Im still super bummed they let Love and then packers off the mat. It is ridiculous this franchise can?t use this double back set of games and win them both. 7 losses in a row on thanksgiving. Is pathetic. If we lose at New Orleans I will be really concerned.

The packers were really banged up and still out hit and out toughed the lions. That is unacceptable. I really hope Holmes knows what he is doing. We really need pass rush help badly. And soon.

Last edited:
Watched some of the saints falcons today both those teams are bad, Denver 5 straight now beating Clevelands D ain?t no small feat. Starting to have a bad feeling now lions will win next week in N.O. Then lose 5 straight to finish 9-8

Watched some of the saints falcons today both those teams are bad, Denver 5 straight now beating Clevelands D ain?t no small feat. Starting to have a bad feeling now lions will win next week in N.O. Then lose 5 straight to finish 9-8

I can?t see that happening. But, who knows. It would be a very Lions way to finish a season.

Back