Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 119: Pirates @ Tigers, August 14th 2014

Almost time for that douchebag Sloppy Joe to ruin Max's amazing start

So what's going to happen in the 9th...just as Mario reports that Nathan is up and warming up...

It depends on the situation. Who is on base, where is the game being played, etc. Ortiz still fails the majority of the time, as good as he is as a dh. That's just the way baseball stacks up. A few successful bunts from Ortiz with men on base against the shift would change the way the shift is implemented.

I get that..but there's a reason why they don't bunt. Burning in of itself is usually a bad move. Some say it takes the bat away..just giving up an out.

I get that..but there's a reason why they don't bunt. Burning in of itself is usually a bad move. Some say it takes the bat away..just giving up an out.

We're not talking about giving away an out. Sacrifice bunting is a completely different subject and I'm lukewarm to it at best. Bunting against the shift is bunting with the intent of reaching first base with a hit. The defense is the one giving up a free base.

37th double...1st since July 19th for miggy and he still leads the AL..

Nice hit Cabby. Would've been better the last AB but beggars (which we certainly are lately) can't be choosers.

We're not talking about giving away an out. Sacrifice bunting is a completely different subject and I'm lukewarm to it at best. Bunting against the shift is bunting with the intent of reaching first base with a hit. The defense is the one giving up a free base.

But then you're assuming some of those guys can get one down. You say free base like it's easy..it's not.

It might be time to start thinking about giving Miggy more days off next season, especially early. I know he's had injuries, but maybe giving him extra rest in April/May/June will help him sustain his power in the second half. First double since July 19th?? Wow.

This

Nice two out hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes!!!!!

Back