Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12: Detroit Tigers vs. Minnesota Twins 6:40 p.m. EST 4/12

byco42

ESPN Gamecast

Detroit Tigers (7-4) Last 5 (2-3) W1
Tarik Skubal 1-0 ERA 2.92 WHIP 0.73

Confirmed Lineup
  1. LF Riley Greene L
  2. RF Mark Canha R
  3. 1B Spencer Torkelson R
  4. DH Kerry Carpenter L
  5. 2B Colt Keith L
  6. 3B Gio Urshela R
  7. CF Parker Meadows L
  8. SS Javier Baez R
  9. C Jake Rogers R

Minnesota Twins (4-6) Last 5 (1-4) W1
Pablo Lopez 1-1 ERA 2.84 WHIP 0.87

Confirmed Lineup
  1. RF Manuel Margot R
  2. SS Carlos Correa R
  3. CF Byron Buxton R
  4. C Ryan Jeffers R
  5. DH Jose Miranda R
  6. 3B Kyle Farmer R
  7. LF Austin Martin R
  8. 1B Carlos Santana S
  9. 2B Edouard Julien L

53% Rain 49° Wind: 31 mph Out
LINE DET -125 O/U 7.5 Runs

Freep Watch
BR Preview

Tigers / Twins Player - Remember when Sparky moved Whitaker to 3rd base to make room for this guy? Sparky said he had "a chance to be the greatest second baseman who ever lived.”

Last edited:
Sparky always talked up young guys. He would say Kirk Gibson would be the next Mickey Mantle.

Sparky always talked up young guys. He would say Kirk Gibson would be the next Mickey Mantle.
Maybe it's convenient for me to say that I knew that Sparky was blowing smoke, but I don't remember believing the Gibson-Mantle comparison and especially not the Pittaro hyperbole.

Maybe it's convenient for me to say that I knew that Sparky was blowing smoke, but I don't remember believing the Gibson-Mantle comparison and especially not the Pittaro hyperbole.
Sparky was a master psychologist by pumping up a player and giving him confidence. But the press loved it and it made the player feel good.
If Gibson was the next Mantle he would have been better than Kaline, and only Mantle was better than The Six. At least Al turned Gibby into a decent outfielder.

Sparky was also a people person and it was back in 1983 or thereabouts, I was at a Tigers - red sox game with Uncle Charlie the Yankee and Mantle fan in the family, and we had seats by the Sox on deck circle. Sparky was hitting fly balls off the fungo bat and one got by him and came up to the first row seats where we sat. Charlie said something to Sparky and called him George, and Sparky proceeded to talk with us for what seemed like a half hour but really 10 or 15 minutes. What a great guy to talk to Charlie with his yankee's cap and me with my Tigers cap.

Tigers starters vs. Minnesota Twins:
Friday: Tarik Skubal
Saturday, Game 1: Kenta Maeda
Saturday, Game 2: TBA*
Sunday: Jack Flaherty
*Matt Manning is healthy and available to be the 27th man for Saturday’s doubleheader.

Gamedays at Comerica Park got an upgrade! Come see the largest video board in the American League for yourself.

Claws out: Tigers’ defense a highlight so far.
Tigers official site

What is the Detroit Tigers payroll this year?
The Tigers are not the big spenders they used to be. How do they shake out against the rest of their MLB competition?
MCBTB

Motor City Metrics Podcast: The Detroit Tigers defense is elite. 40 minutes.
Chris and Rogelio discuss what Rogelio saw from Hao-Yu Lee and Troy Melton, how the injuries have screwed up the infield depth for the Detroit Tigers and the verdict it seems to be in early on Max Clark.

Motor City Metrics Tigers Podcast: How much rope do you give Javier Baez? 39 minutes.
Chris and Rogelio go into the Good, The Bad, and the Ugly around baseball including the surprise stat about the Kansas City Royals, what to expect from Wenceel Perez and is there any type of hope for Javier Baez?

Injuries & Moves: Gipson-Long to have forearm examined.
Tigers official site

I don't believe anyone believed it.. But he could be menacing.

Don’t understand Carpenter going to 3rd the ball was hit right in front of him.
Strange base running.

Back