Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 125: Tigers @ Rays, August 21st 2014

If I were Price I'd bitch slap every one of these other stupid fuckers right now.

Screw Interviewing Brad and his shitty line-ups.
Does any reporter have the balls to ask DD why his bench is so damn thin?
Why His Bullpen is almost always a disaster year IN YEAR OUT...

Frustrating damn loss...

Last edited:
For David Price, it's 17th time MLB history a Pitcher has thrown CG, given up 1 hit and 0 earned runs, and taken a loss. Last: Charlie Hough 6/16/86
Price, is the first of those 17 pitchers to not walk anyone (or strike out more than eight).

The Tigers have scored 42 runs in 19 losses after the ASB (2.2 per)

The Tigers have scored 2 runs or less in 13 of those losses

The Tigers have scored 42 runs in 19 losses after the ASB (2.2 per)

The Tigers have scored 2 runs or less in 13 of those losses

All or nothing line-up with just two real hitters...Frustrating DD has not addressed
his bench and his pen never seems to be any good....

Last edited:
I think if the Tigers miss the playoffs, Brad will be fired and be the scapegoat. DD needs to focus on offense and bullpen this offseason. Fuck the rotation.. the Royals are proving that a dominant bullpen can make a solid rotation look great.

100 years since this type of loss has happened by a Tiger team... Only
our inept hitters could accomplish this ...

In last 100 years, David Price joins Bob Feller (April 23, 1952) as the only pitchers to throw CG 1-hitter (with hit being a triple) & lose.
Price is the 1st pitcher to throw a 1-hitter allowing just a triple since the late Frank Castillo on 9/25/95. Castillo won, though.

Last edited:
Can I be the idiot fuck pointing at the silver lining right now? Division will be decided in September. Loaded with division games...six more against the Royals...

In fact the three gamer against the Giants is the only non-division series in the month...

Can I be the idiot fuck pointing at the silver lining right now? Division will be decided in September. Loaded with division games...six more against the Royals...

True, still a lot of games left to play, but if the Tigers tie or miss out by 1 game you can look at games like today for the reason why.

2-way silver lining though. We could easily fall farther behind in our head-to-head matchups.

Or we could go and sweep four straight division series like in '11...

In fact the three gamer against the Giants is the only non-division series in the month...

I think you are right... Royals had no problems with SF going 3-0 verses them... I wonder how we will fair verses them
with our team really not hitting great in the second half... Hopefully just as well..

Last edited:
The fact that the Tigers have blown a division lead of 6+ games not only once, but twice makes this a lost season for me. Even if they could win a world series, it would still feel somewhat cheap and unearned.

Yeah Two freaking blown 6+ game leads this year that should have been 10+ really is baffling..

OMG it was a unearned run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep forgetting how bad our defense really is.....

A CG 1-hitter loss?!?!?!!? You've got to be kidding me. Thank God I completely missed this game because I probably would have thrown something at my TV if I were watching it at home.

Back