Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 126 Tigers vs. Yankees August 24, 2017

I may be the only Ausmus "defender" on this board but you have never heard me say he is a good manager. My "defense" of him is that he is not the reason the team sucks. The reason the team sucks is because the players have sucked this year. He has been dealt a terrible hand this season. Their best player has been terrible (playing below replacement level), the starting pitching is dead last in the league & they have the worst bull pen in MLB. He basically has 3 players on the entire roster that are playing at a high level. 2 starting pitchers and Upton.

Question...who is responsible for the team running into outs, making stupid mistakes and playing poor strategic baseball without consequences? Bad talent?

I have said it before. I like well played games. I like teams who give the effort and play the game smart, even if the other team has more talent. I said to start the season that a lot of things had to go right for this team to compete. Point is that they are overmatched talent-wise. Problem is they don't play smart, fundamentally sound baseball. Players know that as well and they are looking for leadership, either from another player, a coach, or the fucking lackadaisical manager. You would be hard press to come up with 5 managers worse than him in the last 3-4 years. Period. And the players have to know that. Or they are just being part of the problem (other than the lack of talent).

I do not credit a manager for a win, nor do I credit him for the loss. But I do hold him responsible for the style of play a team exhibits.

Too bad we didn't have one of these in early May.

Agree. I don't care if Miggy was the bad guy here.. This team needs something. A couple months late but now they have it.. Lets see some passion.

Miggy will prolly get a suspension out of it all will be my guess

I suspect many guys will. Though imo, Sanchez should get the longest. Not involved in initial skirmish and he starts throwing jabs at Miggy while he's on the ground?

Betances said he did not hit McCann on purpose..I believe him

Last edited:
Having a cigar listening to the red sox and indians game in the car, and the indian's radio announcer tom williams talking about todays brawls,
says the situation with Verlander and Castellanos giving Victor a talking to about yucking it up with gary sanchez the dirty fuck coward who was sucker punching Miggy shows what many of us have thought that there is alot of dissension in the Tigers clubhouse.

Also, on twitter and elsewhere, I read some people saying those were the best swings Miggy has had all year....wtf??
Let someone drop a few cinder blocks on your backs while lying face down on the ground, and then try to swing a baseball bat. That's what he has been dealing with all year!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Fuck the Yankee announcers. And Sanchez should get 22 game suspension.
Miggy 1.... fuck the rest.

And Brad should be fired period ! The team is lazy and plays unispired terrible fundelmental baseball ,and needs a change. Is it all on Brad nope !! But screw it blow up and start over !!!

Last edited:
Can't wait until 2018. I want Sanchez to get a heater right between the numbers in the back first pitch. Fucking POS

Back