Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 162 - Tigers vs Twinks, Sept 28th. WIN OR ELSE.

Tigers beat twins 3 - 0
AL Central Champs 4th straight Year
Ian Kinsler Hitting Star 3Hits 2RBI
David Price 7+ Inn 8 K's
TigersVictoryCigar

Last edited:
The Tigers don't do champagne when they win anyway. They do the sparkling grape juice, because a certain player who will go unnamed (Miggy) has had issues with drinking in the past.

"I juswanna *sniff* thank these great fans fur all they're *sniff* support, it meansalot to us *blubbers*" - Jim Leyland

Great job Tigers. We will get Baltimore for sure at this point right? Hope the Lions can hang on and and make this one heck of a day!

LOL half the players have GoPro's strapped to their heads

That was nerve racking, frustrating and then finally exciting in the end all rolled into one. That was one hellva emotional roller coaster regular season

Alex Gonzalez's walk off hit on opening day was the difference in winning the Central. Money well spent!!!

Alex Gonzalez's walk off hit on opening day was the difference in winning the Central. Money well spent!!!

$1 million on the opening day win (the difference? Maybe.)
$10 million on seven blown saves.

Not sure there's any logic to it. All I know is the best offseason moves are very often the ones you DON'T make. In hindsight, I'm sure we would have passed on Nathan and resigned Benoit. And not even needing hindsight, NONE of us would have done the Fister trade.

Anyone see the last out on Zimmermans last out? And the look he had prior to a awesome catch.

Good win. Sorta proud. Baltimore is a weird club. They get better with every player that goes down with an injury or suspension. Should be a nerve wracking series.

They had to win and they won. Of course we all wish there would have been a bit more offense but the pitching did the job today. As expected, Price was an ace and showed up when we had to have him. Great win.

I was not very hopeful going into this season but they did their job and did what they needed to do. Now let's hope things somehow click and everything falls into place...and we finally get to celebrate another world series title. I was 10 in 1984 and it was a my first Detroit championship I experienced. I love baseball and it certainly would be great to cash in on another world series celebration. Who knows...although it hasn't looked like this is the year, maybe they get it done anyways??? Go Tigers!

Back