Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 17 Detroit Tigers vs. Texas Rangers 1:10 pm EST 4/16

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers are trying to rebuild their offensive skills after spending years in the bottom of MLB. They are moving up the ranks but very slowly. In comparison to the other 29 teams, they currently rank 25th offensively and average 3.73 runs per game.
Only Gio Urshela, Kerry Carpenter and Matt Vierling are performing well at the plate. The rest of the roster is struggling.

But which player has disappointed you the most at the plate so far?
Before we give you the options, we’re intentionally not including Javy Baez for obvious reasons. Nor the rookies such as Parker Meadows and Colt Keith. It is expected that they would meet roadblocks in their development at the plate.

Here now, are your options:
JAKE ROGERS
.111/.200/.222/.422
1 HR, 2 RBIs
almost 50% SO rate
Hits in the bottom of the order. Priority is his game calling.

SPENCER TORKELSON
.219/.296/.297/.593
0 HR, 6 RBIs
25% SO rate
Hits in the heart of the order (#2, #3, #4). Priority is his offense.

So which of these 2 players’ performances has disappointed you the most so far this young season?

Which of these 2 players' performances has disappointed you the most so far?

1. Jake Rogers

2. Spencer Torkelson

VOTE

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers are trying to rebuild their offensive skills after spending years in the bottom of MLB. They are moving up the ranks but very slowly. In comparison to the other 29 teams, they currently rank 25th offensively and average 3.73 runs per game.
Only Gio Urshela, Kerry Carpenter and Matt Vierling are performing well at the plate. The rest of the roster is struggling.

But which player has disappointed you the most at the plate so far?
Before we give you the options, we’re intentionally not including Javy Baez for obvious reasons. Nor the rookies such as Parker Meadows and Colt Keith. It is expected that they would meet roadblocks in their development at the plate.

Here now, are your options:
JAKE ROGERS
.111/.200/.222/.422
1 HR, 2 RBIs
almost 50% SO rate
Hits in the bottom of the order. Priority is his game calling.

SPENCER TORKELSON
.219/.296/.297/.593
0 HR, 6 RBIs
25% SO rate
Hits in the heart of the order (#2, #3, #4). Priority is his offense.

So which of these 2 players’ performances has disappointed you the most so far this young season?

Which of these 2 players' performances has disappointed you the most so far?

1. Jake Rogers

2. Spencer Torkelson

VOTE
1. Baez
2. Meadows
3. Tork
4. Rogers

#1 player selected in the 2020 draft vs. a guy who was traded for Verlander, who was gone anyway eventually.

I vote Torkelson, based on expectations and investment. But a casual look at R1 of the 2020 draft in regards to position players looks disappointing on its face.

Last edited:
Yeah Bud, They asked us not to include Baez or either of the rookies. Still it is obvious without checking the vote, who
is the biggest disappointment.
I included everyone, since everyone is part of the team. When I made my list, I took everything into consideration. I gave the rookies a little break. But that doesn't mean they can't be a disappointment. It's obvious who she wants to "win" the vote as well the way she worded it. Rogers, who's main job is to call the game. If I were to choose between the two that she provided, I would give a slight edge to Tork being the biggest of the two, but it's close. Rogers OBP of .182 🤮

Back