Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 17: Vikings @ Lions Thread

grandy

Minnesota Vikings (7-9) @ Detroit Lions (11-5)

Line: DET -3.5
O/U: 46.5

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
Daily Norseman

Injury Report
Link

Lions
Out
WR Jameson Williams (ankle)
TE Brock Wright (groin)
EDGE James Houston (IR, ankle) ? evaluation days remaining: 13

Questionable
DT Benito Jones (illness)
DT Alm McNeill (IR, knee) ? evaluation days remaining: 18
DB C.J. Gardner-Johnson (IR, pectoral) ? evaluation days remaining: 5

Vikings
Out
WR Jalen Nailor (concussion)
RT Brian O?Neill (ankle)
DL Jaquelin Roy (ankle)
CB Byron Murphy Jr (knee)
CB Mekhi Blackmon (shoulder)
S Theo Jackson (toe)

Questionable
LT Christian Darrisaw (illness)
OG Ed Ingram (shoulder)

Series History
Link
The Lions are 42-80-2 against the Vikings
Last Game: 12/24/2023, Lions 30 Vikings 24
Last Loss: 9/25/2022, Vikings 28 Lions 24
Last Game in Detroit: 12/11/2022, Lions 34 Vikings 23
Last Loss in Detroit: 1/3/2021, Vikings 37 Lions 35
Recent Games: The Lions have won 3 of the last 4 meetings

Pro Football Focus Grades

Overall
Detroit 92.2 (5th)
Minnesota 84.3 (10th)

Offense
Detroit 85.7 (3rd)
Minnesota 77.9 (9th)

Pass Offense
Detroit 83.7 (6th)
Minnesota 77.0 (14th)

Pass Blocking
Minnesota 76.5 (2nd)
Detroit 71.5 (7th)

Receiving
Detroit 81.4 (3rd)
Minnesota 76.8 (7th)

Rushing
Detroit 88.3 (8th)
Minnesota 73.7 (25th)

Run Blocking
Detroit 78.0 (2nd)
Minnesota 65.8 (10th)

Defense
Detroit 72.3 (16th)
Minnesota 70.6 (21st)

Run Defense
Detroit 77.1 (4th)
Minnesota 63.4 (16th)

Tackling
Detroit 53.4 (19th)
Minnesota 53.4 (19th)

Pass Rush
Detroit 72.8 (19th)
Minnesota 59.6 (32nd)

Coverage
Minnesota 82.5 (10th)
Detroit 59.1 (27th)

Special Teams
Detroit 84.9 (11th)
Minnesota 81.2 (16th)

Lions win while resting some in 2nd half

3 seed still and play the Rams next week

I would love to see the Rams in Detroit. Please, give me Rams by more than a FG. Easy $$$

I would love to see the Rams in Detroit. Please, give me Rams by more than a FG. Easy $$$

Fuck off, Thomas! Lol

If Packers win and 49ers beat Rams, we get GB first round at home. That?s what I?m hoping for. I?d love to see the Rams and Stafford knock off Dallas and have us home like we deserve in the 2nd round.

Fuck off, Thomas! Lol

If Packers win and 49ers beat Rams, we get GB first round at home. That?s what I?m hoping for. I?d love to see the Rams and Stafford knock off Dallas and have us home like we deserve in the 2nd round.

The Rams are a really hot team right now. If I were a Lions fan, that would be the last team I would want visiting Ford field.

What?s with Jameson, he catches a deep pass than gets up dancing and then all of a sudden he?s out.

What?s with Jameson, he catches a deep pass than gets up dancing and then all of a sudden he?s out.

I don't get it either. He catches the ball, jumps up immediately and celebrates by dancing. No limp, no nothing. He was tackled up at his shoulders. Nothing at all happened to his ankles on that play. Then doesn't play the rest of the game and is out again this week.

I hope in the playoffs we don?t have a stupid coach like the Indy coach.

4th and A half a yard and you have Taylor who is gaining yardage all game and you bring in a guy who has 6 catches on the season and leave it in that qb?s hands who really hasn?t thrown the ball well all game. The play was fine but the qb threw it behind the running back who didn?t catch the ball. Ballgame game over. Just run the ball in my opinion. You also had plenty of time to run a play and keep your 3 time outs which I would have done..Nope they call the timeout and then drop the pass with a running back who only has 6 catches all season.

Last edited:
The Rams are a really hot team right now. If I were a Lions fan, that would be the last team I would want visiting Ford field.

Rams and Stafford looked like shit last week vs a horrible giants team.

Last edited:
Back