Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 18 Detroit Tigers vs. Texas Rangers 1:10 EST 4/17

byco42

ESPN Gamecast
Freep Sports
BR Preview

Detroit Tigers (10-7) 3rd ALC -2.0 Last 10 (4-6) W1 ⬆️
Tarik Skubal L 2-0 2.08 ERA 0.75 WHIP 👀

Lineups are Confirmed
  1. DH Riley Greene L
  2. LF Mark Canha R
  3. 1B Spencer Torkelson R
  4. RF Kerry Carpenter L
  5. 3B Zach McKinstry L
  6. 2B Colt Keith L
  7. SS Javier Baez R
  8. CF P. Meadows L
  9. C Jake Rogers R

Texas Rangers (9-9) 1st ALW +0.5 Last 10 (3-7) L1 ⬇️
Dane Dunning R 2-1 4.50 ERA WHIP 1.17
  1. 2B Marcus Semien R
  2. SS Corey Seager L
  3. DH Wyatt Langford R
  4. RF Adolis Garcia R
  5. C Jonah Heim S
  6. 1B Ezequiel Duran R
  7. LF Evan Carter L
  8. 3B Davis Wendzel R
  9. CF Leody Taveras S

4% Precipitation 68° Wind 17 mph R-L
LINE DET -148 O/U 7.5 Runs

Tigers-Rangers Player

Torkelson still has options, right? Probably time to send him and meadows down for a bit.

It's really starting to reflect poorly on the hitting coaches that the one guy who went outside the org for advice has an OPS over 1000
I thought I read that some of the other players went to the same guy over the off season??? Maybe it was just a dream I had :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

If you care, there's an ex-MLB player named Jeff Frye who is outing Teacherman as a fraud on Twitter. Make your own assessment.

Didn't we lose a hitting coach to the Yankess also ? Idk.

We just can seem to develop any hitters.

Skubal gives up a 0-2 single.
Bad pitch according to radio broadcast team. Can't throw that pitch so far ahead of the count .

Skubal 4 runs only 2 earned runs. Down 4-1.
Need some late inning Magic sgain !

Tarik Skubal just threw a couple mistakes to the heart of the order; 4-1.

I have no idea if he is a fraud or not. All I know...most of the Tigers players can't hit, and the one that went to "teacherman" can.
I don't either. I think that it's more about that what he's showing Carpenter and guys like Judge doesn't apply to kids and amateurs, and this TM guy charges $$$$$ for kids to hire him. It's quite the ongoing confrontation.

Carpenter has green light on 3-0 Count. Not sure I would do that when ypu need base runners but I guess he is one of the few threats we have.

Back