Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Seahawks @ Lions Thread

If I know sisters and I do, I have 2, off camera they're getting mad when one wears the other persons cloths, and so many other things. My sisters today even have a bond but dang lots of rough moments back then.

Typical lions fan base from 10+ wins and 1st division title in forever to misery. Because of one game.

Has any of us giving up ? We are just pissed at a miss opportunity to take a early division lead. Most of us all thought they would lose the KC game, and then 0-2 was a possible start because for some reason we just can?t beat Seattle. But a 2- 0 start would have been gravy. Now we really need to tighten stuff up and win a home game next week because we play at Green Bay on Thursday after the Atlanta game..

Seriously we really let this game slip away with the turnovers. One year it would really be nice to have a season we could coast to the playoffs like other great teams. Who knows maybe we have another winning streak coming ! Because this fan base deserves it more then most football fan bases.
I really thought they would win then Montgomery was crushed because of a missed block and fumbled. Turned the game around. Not sure why we can?t stop Seattle. Other teams don?t have a issue with Gino as they were pretty pedestrian down the stretch last season.

Last edited:
Has any of us giving up ? We are just pissed at a miss opportunity to take a early division lead. Most of us all thought they would lose the KC game, and then 0-2 was a possible start because for some reason we just can?t beat Seattle. But a 2- 0 start would have been gravy. Now we really need to tighten stuff up and win a home game next week because we play at Green Bay on Thursday after the Atlanta game..

Seriously we really let this game slip away with the turnovers. One year it would really be nice to have a season we could coast to the playoffs like other great teams. Who knows maybe we have another winning streak coming ! Because this fan base deserves it more then most football fan bases.
I really thought they would win then Montgomery was crushed because of a missed block and fumbled. Turned the game around. Not sure why we can?t stop Seattle. Other teams don?t have a issue with Gino as they were pretty pedestrian down the stretch last season.
When do the Lions or most teams win all their games over teams they thought we should have beat. For all we know Seattle wins 14 games.

When do the Lions or most teams win all their games over teams they thought we should have beat. For all we know Seattle wins 14 games.

Maybe. Again 5-4 at home means we probably miss the playoffs again. Up at halftime
With ball to start 3rd you should be better. Miss block bam fumble.

Just don't see it. Seattle was Down 2 or 3 linemen
. I thought Glenn had a real bad game calling defense. Heck maybe we don't have the guys we thought but that reworked
Secondary was shredded yesterday by Gino. It is frustrating. I know the NFL is all about close games
But the Lions need to beat Aanta next week hopefully.

Last edited:
Will not Drafting Carter and Davis come back to haunt this club ? No pass rush most of the game.

Frustrating from the defense. Turn the corner and sack Geno at least a few times. The Anzalone sack was very telling on the speed of our Dlinemen.

Jacobs cannot handle a guy like Metcalf. It was brutal

The place was rocking the confidence was high started to get worried when Montgomery went out. I thought Campbell was just a little bit too risky this time. the 4th and 2 from your own 45 I was like WTF man that's too much dude. But bottom line though The defense isn't getting enough QB pressure it's a concern, the injuries mounted in this game which is also a concern. Felt like we were going to find a way to win that still right up till the last play. It was a real gut punch. Hard when you let yourself believe the entire afternoon only to have to flip on a dime right at the end. everyone shuffled out stunned and dejected without much to say. 40+ years of these heart breakers really is too much.

Last edited:
Most of Seattle's sacks and the pick 6 was right after our offensive linemen went out. Viati (sp)

Last edited:
Just my opinion

Gambling Dan Campbell played for overtime instead of the win on Final Lions Drive..That whole playing for the tie at home is Mute when you have coin flips to determine who gets the ball in overtime. It's just weird when he goes for it on 4th down so much. I didn't get it.
They never took a shot at the end zone. So frustrating.

Last edited:
Will not Drafting Carter and Davis come back to haunt this club ? No pass rush most of the game.

This was my biggest take away. We couldn't get there with a 4 man rush. Very little pressure.

When we blitzed we didn't do a good job in coverage. Don't know how many times we blitzed and played off man coverage......which makes no sense. So the hot read was always there.

I don't think AG had a good game calling plays and our front 4 was ineffective. They are going to have to make a move here in the next few weeks for a DL. Hutch is getting chipped and doubled and NOBODY else is stepping up.

Can you imagine if Hutchinson gets hurt??

Charles Harris, Levi Onwuzurike, Alim McNeil, John Cominsky, Romeo Okwara flat out need to step up. Even more so now that Paschal and Houston are on IR with Julian Okwara on IR too. Lions have the talent. Some of have produced in the past consistently (Romeo pre-injury and Charles Harris 2021 before injured 2022). But they are not producing these first 2 games in pass rush (other than run D)

PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Barnes 85.4
Amon-Ra 84.9
J Reynolds 81
Goff 80.2
LaPorta 79.3

Bottom 5 Overall
Houston 30.2
B Jones 35.3
McNeill 43.8
Wright 44.8
Onwuzirke 45.6

Other notables
Ragnow 79.1
Sewell 77.8
Joseph 77.7
Sutton 69.1
CJGJ 67.1
Hutch 63.7
Montgomery 63.3
Campbell 61.1
Jackson 60.1
Vaitai 59.1
Gibbs 56
Branch 55.3
Thor 51.9
M Jones 50.8
Cominsky 49.9

Reactions: 503
This was my biggest take away. We couldn't get there with a 4 man rush. Very little pressure.

When we blitzed we didn't do a good job in coverage. Don't know how many times we blitzed and played off man coverage......which makes no sense. So the hot read was always there.

I don't think AG had a good game calling plays and our front 4 was ineffective. They are going to have to make a move here in the next few weeks for a DL. Hutch is getting chipped and doubled and NOBODY else is stepping up.

Can you imagine if Hutchinson gets hurt??

No. Yikes !

PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Barnes 85.4
Amon-Ra 84.9
J Reynolds 81
Goff 80.2
LaPorta 79.3

Bottom 5 Overall
Houston 30.2
B Jones 35.3
McNeill 43.8
Wright 44.8
Onwuzirke 45.6

Other notables
Ragnow 79.1
Sewell 77.8
Joseph 77.7
Sutton 69.1
CJGJ 67.1
Hutch 63.7
Montgomery 63.3
Campbell 61.1
Jackson 60.1
Vaitai 59.1
Gibbs 56
Branch 55.3
Thor 51.9
M Jones 50.8
Cominsky 49.9

Can?t have Hutch in the low 60?s and the rest of your defensive line in the bottom 5 and expect to win games. DL has been absolutely awful to start the year. We have 2 games against Justin Fields and one against Ridder, Young and Lamar Jackson. Those guys can all move. Fields and Jackson have the potential to go for 200 yards/game if something doesn?t change.

Back