Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 27 KC Royals @ Detroit Tigers 6:10 p.m. EST 4/27

On the night a found out I'm going to be a grand dad too !
My daughter and son in law came over ..
Glad Tigers held on won !!!

Keeping fingers crossed its early
Abbie my daughter is super little
like my wife and she sadly had 2 miss carriages...

Congrats to all you grandparents. I'm super excited!

Congrats! Praying that this will be a successful pregnancy. :)

DEEPER DISCUSSIONS.
Totally Tigers

After having a taste of the Tigers last season, Parker Meadows is back as the full-time CFer.
He has elite speed which is perfect for that large expanse of grass and his presence allowed the Tigers to move Riley Greene to LF. A move that will help protect Greene’s health with fewer diving catches.
Parker is also the team’s #2 defensive player, ranking just 1 point below Greene.
However, he has struggled mightily at the plate. Not totally unexpected given his rookie status. He’s hitting .082/.200/.213/.413 (through Friday). He ranks #1 in strikeouts with Greene having just 1 less.

What should the Tigers do about Meadows?
Should they keep him in Detroit and let him develop? f they do, how will it impact the team’s offense?
Or should they send him down to Toledo to work things out? If they do, then who would take over CF? Currently, Matt Vierling is the only player (with the exception of Greene) with experience there and he’s currently subbing for Ibanez and Urshela.

Today’s blog addresses this question and allows readers to share their thoughts in more detail. And hopefully, to actively engage with others by responding to their posts and creating back-and-forth discussion threads. The more the merrier!
For this one blog only, you’ve got 6 sentences max to share your thoughts. Of course, you can also respond to other readers.
TT will supply the ammunition. One thought-provoking question. Several options provided. One hard choice to be selected. One vote.
Ready?

What should the Tigers do about Parker Meadows?

1. Keep him in Detroit.

2. Send him down to Toledo.

VOTE

"A move that will help protect Greene’s health with fewer diving catches." Tell that to Greene who had two diving catches last night..

Which I wonder do CF generally dive more than corner outfields? Any scientific fact on that?

"A move that will help protect Greene’s health with fewer diving catches." Tell that to Greene who had two diving catches last night..

Which I wonder do CF generally dive more than corner outfields? Any scientific fact on that?
I don't know where to find the scientific data on CF'ers diving for more fly balls than corner OF'ers
but based on the area of ground they cover that includes into left and right fields with most corner OF'ers not having
the range and speed of CF'ers I would say yes they do.
If Greene is still diving for fly balls from the corner OF, I wonder if he is getting a good read and or jumps on the fly balls.

I don't know where to find the scientific data on CF'ers diving for more fly balls than corner OF'ers
but based on the area of ground they cover that includes into left and right fields with most corner OF'ers not having
the range and speed of CF'ers I would say yes they do.
If Greene is still diving for fly balls from the corner OF, I wonder if he is getting a good read and or jumps on the fly balls.
Yesterday, it looked like the first one wasn't a good read initially though in live time hard to tell. The 2nd dive he got an excellent read. Looked like he was shot out of a cannon.. :)

DEEPER DISCUSSIONS.
Totally Tigers

After having a taste of the Tigers last season, Parker Meadows is back as the full-time CFer.
He has elite speed which is perfect for that large expanse of grass and his presence allowed the Tigers to move Riley Greene to LF. A move that will help protect Greene’s health with fewer diving catches.
Parker is also the team’s #2 defensive player, ranking just 1 point below Greene.
However, he has struggled mightily at the plate. Not totally unexpected given his rookie status. He’s hitting .082/.200/.213/.413 (through Friday). He ranks #1 in strikeouts with Greene having just 1 less.

What should the Tigers do about Meadows?
Should they keep him in Detroit and let him develop? f they do, how will it impact the team’s offense?
Or should they send him down to Toledo to work things out? If they do, then who would take over CF? Currently, Matt Vierling is the only player (with the exception of Greene) with experience there and he’s currently subbing for Ibanez and Urshela.

Today’s blog addresses this question and allows readers to share their thoughts in more detail. And hopefully, to actively engage with others by responding to their posts and creating back-and-forth discussion threads. The more the merrier!
For this one blog only, you’ve got 6 sentences max to share your thoughts. Of course, you can also respond to other readers.
TT will supply the ammunition. One thought-provoking question. Several options provided. One hard choice to be selected. One vote.
Ready?

What should the Tigers do about Parker Meadows?

1. Keep him in Detroit.

2. Send him down to Toledo.

VOTE
I voted send him down. He seems lost at the plate.

Back