Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 11:15 AM MST 3/31

Tigers sweep White Sox for first 3-0 start since 2016.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers Win over the white sox.

Tigers 3 - White Sox 2: Season-Startin’ South-Side Sweepin’.
The Tigers rode some great starting pitching and timely hitting to a three-game sweep of the White Sox.
BYBTB

Jack Flaherty, Andy Ibañez help Tigers to first 3-0 start since 2016.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers sweep White Sox on Andy Ibáñez single, 3-2, for first 3-0 start since 2016.
Freep

Tigers win 3rd straight one-run game, off to best start since 2016.
Mlive

Hitters almost universally say that they focus on the fastball and adjust to off-speed pitches. The approach makes sense, but that doesn’t mean it’s always easy to do. Not only do some pitchers rely on a healthy dose of secondaries, certain counts and situations make a heater less likely. Riley Greene feels that staying disciplined is the key.

“It’s a trust factor,” the Detroit Tigers outfielder said. “Sometimes you go up there knowing you’re not getting a heater, but you still stay on it. For me, personally, if I’m on the heater I know that I can get to any off-speed. It helps me stay on the off-speed better than sitting on it. If I sit off-speed, I’m getting jumpy. If I’m sitting on a heater, I’m not.”

Fangraphs

I'm going to be at Monday night's game against the Mets, sitting about 14 rows back in section 12 just a bit off to the side of home plate. Looking forward to it!

I'm going to be at Monday night's game against the Mets, sitting about 14 rows back in section 12 just a bit off to the side of home plate. Looking forward to it!
I saw a game at Shea stadium once I thought it was beautiful. How's City Field? Have fun.

READERS’ REVIEWS.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers have just played their first series of the 2024 season. In honor of the new year, we’re turning the tables on our regular Monday blog. Today, we’re putting the readers in charge. Here is your assignment:
With what you’ve watched, listened to or read, what is the singular event or moment from this series that caught your attention the most? It can be something really positive, a head-shaker or a unique moment. Tell us about it in 3 sentences or less. Remember, you need to describe a specific event, not a general observation.
And if you’re a reader who prefers not to comment, we ask that you click the “like” button of a comment with which you agree.
Ready? Let’s kick this new season off with lots of discussions!

Career splits for Tigers' catchers..

Carson Kelly .616 OPS, 24 HRs in 1,001 PAs vs. RHP
.814 OPS, 21 HRs in 491 PAs vs. LHP

Jake Rogers.619 OPS, 18 HRs in 444 PAs vs. RHP
.879 OPS, 14 HRs in 183 PAs vs. LHP

Back