Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Royals @ Tigers Thread

grandy

Royals
1. Aoki, RF
2. Infante, 2B
3. Hosmer, 1B
4. Butler, DH
5. Gordon, LF
6. Perez, C
7. Moustakas, 3B
8. Cain, CF
9. Escobar, SS

SP - Ventura (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

Tigers
1. Kinsler, 2B
2. Hunter, RF
3. Cabrera, 1B
4. Martinez, DH
5. Jackson, CF
6. Avila, C
7. Castellanos, 3B
8. Romine, SS
9. Davis, LF

SP - Sanchez (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

MLB Gameday
ESPN Game Preview
Ventura vs. Detroit (no data, this is Ventura's first start against Detroit)
Sanchez vs. KC

It's raining where I'm at, and I'm in Canton. Not very hard though. From what I'm looking at, it looks like Detroit will be getting light rain and showers most of the afternoon.

I haven't taken a look outside but it looks like the rain is about to start based on radar information. Starting off light and then picking up, lasting for the rest of the day.

Don't think there's any point to delaying the game based on the forecast, they'll either start on time or postpone it entirely.

The worst thing is going to be the temperatures. It's like 34 right now in Detroit, makes it very hard to grip a baseball to throw much but fastballs/changeups. On top of that cold rain showers, and I would be surprised if we get this game in.

I remember playing High-School ball in snow flurries. Few things are more enjoyable.

Wonder how they'll handle the rotation

Day 1 - Verlander
Day 2 - Off
Day 3 - Scherzer
Day 4 - Postponed
Day 5 - Game
Day 6 - Game
Day 7 - Game
Day 8 - Off
Day 9 - Game
Day 10 - Game
Day 11 - Off

Does Verlander get 8 days off or do they skip someone?

Well smokes would have skipped someone to keep JV on his normal schedule. Guess we will have to see how bad brad handles it.

I'd put Smyly back in the pen for a few days. Skip him one start..

Game is rescheduled for June 19th I heard. The Royals and Tigers will now play a 4 game series from June 16-19 at Comerica Park.

Baseball has always had days off early and I remember teams would go 4-man rotation at the start. I would have went that way even without the rain-out.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2014/04/brad_ausmus_makes_contingency.html
Brad Ausmus makes contingency plans for weather, locks in Justin Verlander for Sunday afternoon start.
from Mlive

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2014/04/detroit_tigers_game_vs_kansas_1.html
Detroit Tigers game vs. Kansas City Royals postponed; Rotation set for weekend series.
from Mlive

http://www.freep.com/article/20140403/SPORTS02/304030078/detroit-tigers-kansas-city-royals
Detroit Tigers will skip Drew Smyly's turn in rotation after today's rainout.
from the freep

Tigers announce makeup date for today's rainout. June 19. Game time is 1:08pm.

Last edited:
Back