Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 32: Detroit @ Arizona 5-10-2017

Hard to win with the 2 run offence. Really hard with the 1 run offence. But next to impossible with the 7 runs given bad pitching game.

One awful throw by Nick . He had plenty of time too. Way to help the guy out

Last edited:
Nice K. Nice job bailing our 3rd basemen.

Last edited:
well this game was just fucking terrible

Bad pitching
Bad offense
Bad defense
No engery
Lollygagging in the field
Gopher Sanchez batting practice session
Pass balls
Hacking at curveballs in the dirt

I mean my god this game sucked

And now off to the place where they always play thier worst baseball of all for a 4 game series..I think we'z fucked

Last edited:
GD frank turned what should still be a great road trip so far into complete shit.

It was the sloppiest game of the road trip for a team that now travels to Anaheim, which has proven to be a pitfall over the years.
Catcher James McCann allowed two passed balls,
centerfielder Tyler Collins lazily corralled a single that turned into a double,
and Nick Castellanos committed his seventh error of the season.

NOTEABLE:
Tigers left-handed reliever Chad Bell finally made his Major League debut. He was recalled from Toledo on May 1 and last pitched on April 26 for the Mud Hens.
Bell pitched a scoreless eighth inning and registered his first career strikeout against clean-up hitter Jake Lamb.

Anibal Sanchez also pitched for the first time since May 1. It did not go as well. Yasmany Tomas and Brandon Drury hit back-to-back home runs in the seventh inning.
Sanchez has now allowed eight homers in 17 2/3 innings this year.

James McCann was charged with two passed balls Wednesday night. He had four all of last year. One of the miscues was costly, leading to an unearned run in the third inning.

McCann had an RBI single in the second to score the first run of the game. He now has 12 hits, of which five are singles. The rest are home runs.
James McCann with an RBI single to score Upton in 2nd. McCann now has 5 singles; 2 more and he'll match his number of HRs.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-...603#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=490603
Boxscore.

Roars:
The only roars in this one came from Diamondbacks fans as Anibal Sanchez pitched.

Hisses:
Matt Boyd: A little harsh perhaps, but walking a pitcher to load the bases with two outs, is an unforgivable mistake. Boyd struck out six and was generally quite good, but National League ball sometimes presents a turning point in ways the junior circuit does not, and Boyd failed in the test tonight.

The offense: James McCann had an RBI single while it still mattered, though he also gave it back with a passed ball to allow the Diamondbacks? second run, but otherwise this was a bad showing by the whole lineup.

The defense: Ok, the team just had nothing to offer tonight. They sucked. No dissection necessary.

https://www.detroitathletic.com/blog/2017/05/11/firing-ausmus-doesnt-make-sense-tigers-heres/
Firing Ausmus doesn?t make sense for the Tigers, and here?s why. Good read.
Detroit Athletic

Confusing to me. "Doesn't make sense," and "won't admit mistakes" and "it's what they should do" are conflicting. Ausmus is clearly not up to the task. He is the Captain Parmenter of MLB managers. I do not see the connection between the hockey and baseball franchises. Reminded that the hockey franchise is also in flux under same owners, so I don't think ownership is the issue.

The Peralta, Nathan and Valverde scenarios do not ring of "stubbornness," especially Valverde. He was cut loose in June of '13 after having a decent April and May.

Has this writer forgotten what Martha Ford did to the Lions' front office in 2015? It's what the Tigers and Red Wings both need to happen as well, ASAP.

Confusing to me. "Doesn't make sense," and "won't admit mistakes" and "it's what they should do" are conflicting. Ausmus is clearly not up to the task. He is the Captain Parmenter of MLB managers. I do not see the connection between the hockey and baseball franchises. Reminded that the hockey franchise is also in flux under same owners, so I don't think ownership is the issue.

The Peralta, Nathan and Valverde scenarios do not ring of "stubbornness," especially Valverde. He was cut loose in June of '13 after having a decent April and May.

Has this writer forgotten what Martha Ford did to the Lions' front office in 2015? It's what the Tigers and Red Wings both need to happen as well, ASAP.

Byco, Dan Holmes, one of DA writers is on twitter. Do you follow him?
I've tweeted with him in the past. He is opinionated to say the least.

Anibal Sanchez is currently 9th in baseball for homers allowed. The next closest reliever is 44th (Blanton).

Back