Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 35 Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Guardians 6:10 p.m. EST 5/6

byco42

ESPN
Freep
BR Preview

Detroit Tigers (18-16) 4th ALC 4.0 GB Last 10 (4-6) L3
Jack Flaherty R 0-1 4.00 ERA

Confirmed
  1. DH Riley Greene L
  2. LF Mark Canha R
  3. 3B Matt Vierling R
  4. RF Kerry Carpenter L
  5. 1B Spencer Torkelson R
  6. 2B Colt Keith L
  7. CF Parker Meadows L
  8. SS Javier Baez R
  9. C Carson Kelly R

Cleveland Guardians (22-12) 1st ALC +2.5 Last 10 (5-5) W2
Triston McKenzie R 2-2 4.34 ERA

Confirmed
  1. LF Estevan Florial L
  2. 2B Andres Gimenez L
  3. 3B Jose Ramirez S
  4. 1B Josh Naylor L
  5. RF Will Brennan L
  6. C Bo Naylor L
  7. DH Kyle Manzardo L (MLB Debut)
  8. CF Tyler Freeman R
  9. SS Brayan Rocchio S

4% Precipitation 65° Wind 8 mph
LINE CLE -122 O/U 7.0 Runs

Tigers - Indians Player

Last edited:
Sure would like an explanation as to why Meadows is in the lineup instead of Perez.

Tom Cruise What GIF

Perez last 14 days:

Meadows last 14 days:

Spencer Torkelson in 2022 a season of abject futility
Barrel% 8.4
Barrel/PA 5.4x.
BA .223

Torkelson 2024
Barrel% 2.1
Barrel/PA 1.4x
BA .181
SLG% on FB .262

Meadows has already been benched for Perez.
Baez is 2 inches from a DL stint for back soreness.
Keith will be fine,
and Tork is close to getting benched.

Remember when Scott Harris said there’s no room in the lineup to sign more bats?
hope he patted himself on the back for doing such a great job this off-season. Quite the offense Scotty put together.

This is the bottom 5 of a major league team.

Long and short term views clash as the Tigers offense struggles.
Sure we all would like to see better work at the plate, but the Tigers don’t have that many options without embarking on another round of rebuilding.
BYBTB

Detroit Tigers Newsletter: Even their worst hitters have reasons to look ahead.
Freep

Last edited:
Spencer Torkelson in 2022 a season of abject futility
Barrel% 8.4
Barrel/PA 5.4x.
BA .223

Torkelson 2024
Barrel% 2.1
Barrel/PA 1.4x
BA .181
SLG% on FB .262

Meadows has already been benched for Perez.
Baez is 2 inches from a DL stint for back soreness.
Keith will be fine,
and Tork is close to getting benched.

Remember when Scott Harris said there’s no room in the lineup to sign more bats?
hope he patted himself on the back for doing such a great job this off-season. Quite the offense Scotty put together.

This is the bottom 5 of a major league team.

Remember all that "owning the strike zone" rhetoric Harris spewed about hitting approach? Howz that working out?

Three players no longer with Detroit.

Willi Castro twins.
.277/.339/446
16 runs , 2 homers 12:rbis.
====
I. Paredes . Tampa bay
294/.380/.584 with 7 homers and 18 rbis .
==============.
Tyler Nevin Oakland
289/.363/.494 with 4 homers and 10 RBI’s.
I think he is a platoon player.

When will the Tigers produce any significant hitters again ?
I guess it is Greene . We are 60 million below league average in payroll and we have great pitching. It is so frustrating we have an owner he does not care.,

Go look at Tiger attendance at home from 2012-2015. We averaged 2.8 million fans, and had two seasons of over 3 million. We could hit back then somewhat. Doesn’t Chris see That ? We could win this division easy with just league average hitting.

Three players no longer with Detroit.

Willi Castro twins.
.277/.339/446
16 runs , 2 homers 12:rbis.
====
I. Paredes . Tampa bay
294/.380/.584 with 7 homers and 18 rbis .
==============.
Tyler Nevin Oakland
289/.363/.494 with 4 homers and 10 RBI’s.
I think he is a platoon player.

When will the Tigers produce any significant hitters again ?
I guess it is Greene . We are 60 million below league average in payroll and we have great pitching. It is so frustrating we have an owner he does not care.,
Maybe these ex-Tigers are hitting once they got away from the 3 great hitting coaches the Tigers have.

Tigers' City Connect unis celebrate the Motor City.
Tigers official site

Detroit Tigers debut their City Connect jerseys: here's what the details symbolize
On Monday it was Detroit's turn to show off its City Connect uniforms.
MCBTB

Tigers fans rip underwhelming Nike City Connect jerseys to shreds after debut.
MCBTB

Last edited:
Are the Indians really this good or is it just a hot streak?
Cleveland was 2 wins behind us last season. KC only had 56 wins last season. Both so far have improved while so far tigers have 5 hitting holes on any given night. We just can't hit. We can't teach hitting. We can't seem to find hitting anymore. It is frustrating.

Every team boos Baez. Not sure why, dude bats like .180 as a rule. he is practically an automatic out. Wouldnt you want that if you were an opposing team?

Cleveland was 2 wins behind us last season. KC only had 56 wins last season. Both so far have improved while so far tigers have 5 hitting holes on any given night. We just can't hit. We can't teach hitting. We can't seem to find hitting anymore. It is frustrating.
The guys calling the game tonight went easy on Meadows saying he was batting a paltry .097 and that Perez was out again due to illness. This is the first Tigers game I've been able to watch this season and I got to witness Tork in all his greatness K on 3 pitches. 🤦‍♂️

Holy crap I went put to put trash cans on the end of the drive way came back in 7 minutes and Cleveland had batted and Detroit had batted. So fast.

This umpire is a joke. Those were not strikes Mark he should have walked.

AJ needs to Get ejected. This ump Cost the tigers a run.
I understand if the pitches were close but those were not close.

I do not understand what Greene was looking for ? Two fastball right down the middle he lets go. Has to swing 0-2 on pitch three protecting .
At least he moved JB over to third but he is one of our few hitters. He needs to do damage with men on base.

Tigers just can’t buy a hit with runners on base. Ibanez lines out to third. The Previous batter flys out like normal. Spencer is just so bad right now I thought his doubles he hit yesterday were a sign he was breaking out of his slump.

Back