Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 36 Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Guardians 6:10 p.m. EST 5/7

Ibáñez (2 HR's), Vilade (3 RBIs) fuel Tigers' 11-run breakout.
Tigers official site

Boxscore. Maeda is a mayday.

Video Highlights of the Tigers win over the indians/guardians.

Tigers 11 - Guardians 7: You want runs, you got ‘em.
Oh, it was an old-fashioned slugfest, alright. But the Tigers bullpen was absolutely lights-out and saved the day.
BYBTB

Detroit Tigers' new sparkplug bat ignites an offensive firestorm.
The Detroit Tigers have had a lot of struggles on offense this year and optioned outfielder Parker Meadows to Toledo on Tuesday. He was replaced on the roster by outfielder Ryan Vilade.
MCBTB

'It's been a great day': Ibáñez has career night in Tigers' 11-7 win over Guardians.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers gash Guardians, 11-7, with Andy Ibáñez's two homers, Ryan Vilade's key hits.
Freep

Andy Ibanez sparks 11-run eruption as Tigers top Guardians.
Mlive

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

On Monday, the Detroit Tigers released their new City Connect uniforms. They will be worn during Friday home games, approximately 12 times this year.
City Connect is a brand name of Nike. It is part of a contract Nike signed with MLB to produce “alternate uniforms.” A veiled attempt to try to attract more fans, especially the younger ones. Oh, and to create another revenue stream. Only the Yankees and Athletics have opted out from having these new uniforms.
It will be the first time the Tigers will not be wearing white at home.

These new togs are meant to be fun. To mix it up a little.
The Tigers’ new uniform is a mix of black and dark blue and showing no logos other than the Nike swoosh. The cap says “Detroit” and the jersey shows “Motor City.” The pattern on the jerseys is meant to imitate tire tracks. (Insert your Saturday morning cartoon memories here.)

What fans will not see is the “tiger eyes” picture under the bill of the cap and the numbers/codes showing the area code, year the team was founded and the years of World Series championships. That is, unless you buy a replica.
For a full viewing the new uniform, check this out:
What do you think of their new City Connect uniform?

What do you think of the Tigers new City Connect uniform?

1. Really like it.

2. Better than I thought it would be.

3. Yawn.

4. It's really horrible.

VOTE

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

On Monday, the Detroit Tigers released their new City Connect uniforms. They will be worn during Friday home games, approximately 12 times this year.
City Connect is a brand name of Nike. It is part of a contract Nike signed with MLB to produce “alternate uniforms.” A veiled attempt to try to attract more fans, especially the younger ones. Oh, and to create another revenue stream. Only the Yankees and Athletics have opted out from having these new uniforms.
It will be the first time the Tigers will not be wearing white at home.

These new togs are meant to be fun. To mix it up a little.
The Tigers’ new uniform is a mix of black and dark blue and showing no logos other than the Nike swoosh. The cap says “Detroit” and the jersey shows “Motor City.” The pattern on the jerseys is meant to imitate tire tracks. (Insert your Saturday morning cartoon memories here.)

What fans will not see is the “tiger eyes” picture under the bill of the cap and the numbers/codes showing the area code, year the team was founded and the years of World Series championships. That is, unless you buy a replica.
For a full viewing the new uniform, check this out:
What do you think of their new City Connect uniform?

What do you think of the Tigers new City Connect uniform?

1. Really like it.

2. Better than I thought it would be.

3. Yawn.

4. It's really horrible.

VOTE
I knew that 3 & 4 would lead in votes. Most baseball fans are older and like tradition. I know I do. That said, these uniforms aren't meant for old existing fans. They are meant for new, younger fans. They will be a hit with young casual fans, and a lot of young people that aren't a fan of the Tigers at all.

The funny thing is that Meadows was sent down and Keith's replacement goes 4-4 with 2 HR and a walk. Keith needs to follow Meadows to Toledo. Tork should be right behind him.

Jace Jung had another multi-hit game last night. 3-4 with a HR (6). His OPS is up to .922

Maybe the genius Harris signed the wrong guy to a long term deal :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Detroit Tigers No GIF by MLB

I think these uniforms have always connected to the city and its people. This is what Willie Horton wore to help quell the riots of 1967. If there is one team that does not need a "city connect" uniform, it's the Tigers. Once again, Nike invents a phantom need, and the people think that it's needed. I wonder if the old guard (Horton, Gibson, Parrish) really endorsed the unis from the heart or are under contract to do so.

And for a city to claim to know so much about cars, it can't even portray the tire tracks as a realistic, definable tread. All-summer tires would have been the obvious choice. This, to me, is a glaring oversight and a huge miss to express the subtext that is really relevant and esoteric.

According to Elias Sports, the Tigers have hit leadoff home runs in back-to-back games for the first time since June 3-4, 2002. Additionally, it marks the first time in franchise history hitting a leadoff home run three times in a four-game span.

Back