Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Detroit Tigers @ New York Mets 4:10 PM MST 4/1

Behind 10th-inning surge, Tigers 4-0 for first time since 2015.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers 5 - 0 Win over the Mets.

Tigers 5 - Mets 0: Bats fall silent in New York until extras.
Those extra-inning hits though... chef’s kiss.
BYBTB

Tigers improve to 4-0 with five runs in 10th inning, beat Mets in opener.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...extra-innings-reese-olson/73170893007/Detroit Tigers strike in 10th inning for 5-0 win over Mets, improving to 4-0 in 2024.
Freep

Tigers beat Mets in 10 innings to start season 4-0.
Mlive

FIRST IMPRESSIONS.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers have now played their first series and won all 3 games. Every one by a single run.
It’s a nice start to the season considering the problems they had in the last 2 years by losing so many games in the beginning and falling behind early in the season.
But we shouldn’t assume that the rest of this season will go as smoothly. Players will get hurt or tired. Rookies will struggle. Competitors will vary in their degree of talent and fight.
So what really is the best information we can take away from the 3-game series with the White Sox?
It’s patterns, old habits re-appearing as well as new ones. And a comparison between last year’s team and this new one. Of course, what we’re seeing now is not guaranteed to keep happening but it does give us an initial first impression about the capabilities of this new roster.
For this blog, I went beyond the box score and focused primarily on new and different things I’m seeing from this 2024 Tigers roster. Some of it from the actual games themselves, others from the intangibles that eventually end up impacting performance.
In no particular order, here are some of the most interesting things I saw over those 3 days. Events and efforts that have the potential of shaping this season.....

NICE!
FIRST IMPRESSIONS.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers have now played their first series and won all 3 games. Every one by a single run.
It’s a nice start to the season considering the problems they had in the last 2 years by losing so many games in the beginning and falling behind early in the season.
But we shouldn’t assume that the rest of this season will go as smoothly. Players will get hurt or tired. Rookies will struggle. Competitors will vary in their degree of talent and fight.
So what really is the best information we can take away from the 3-game series with the White Sox?
It’s patterns, old habits re-appearing as well as new ones. And a comparison between last year’s team and this new one. Of course, what we’re seeing now is not guaranteed to keep happening but it does give us an initial first impression about the capabilities of this new roster.
For this blog, I went beyond the box score and focused primarily on new and different things I’m seeing from this 2024 Tigers roster. Some of it from the actual games themselves, others from the intangibles that eventually end up impacting performance.
In no particular order, here are some of the most interesting things I saw over those 3 days. Events and efforts that have the potential of shaping this season.....
good article. I can't believe she thinks Tork is behind the little ceasars celebration. That has to be coming from management. Just like the Red Wings one last year

Back