Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #41 Miami Marlins @ Detroit Tigers, May 13th 2024 6:40 Pm

This bullpen is awful
Seems like they are struggle. Is Faedo unlucky or just bad ? He was pitching so good till that 1-2 pitch single. You’re not wrong our pen has struggled badly recently.

so frustrating these pitches that are called a strike.

Spencer 2 run Jack ! 6-5 Tigers ! Bat flip !
446 feet.

Perez double scored on Ibanez single to make it 5-4.:

Tigers take the lead 6 - 5 until they bring in another reliever.
Since Foley lost his FB velocity, the bullpen has been overall bad.

Now Foley is back to close it out.

Tigers win 6-5 ! Spencer picks up Alex. I thought Alex pitched good other than 2 pitches.
Sadly one was a 2 run homer.

21-20

Foley got his FB up to 98 and threw more sliders at the knees. Good to get back over .500
I was thinking slider was the pitch. Alex pitched good other than 2 pitches. Albeit one was a 2 run Jack. Not sure what the pen’s issues is. Marlins look like they have issues with the slider.

Just glad to see Spencer hit a homer to win a game.. tigers needed it. He needed it.
We all needed it.

Shelby Miller on the IL with ulnar nerve inflammation. Brieske called up.

Detroit Tigers' Shelby Miller lands on injured list with ulnar nerve inflammation.
Miller, 33, carries to the injured list a 4.41 ERA, six walks and 15 strikeouts across 16⅓ innings in 15 relief appearances for the Tigers. He has struggled throughout his past 10 outings, with a 7.71 ERA.
Freep

Boxscore.

Video highlights of the Tigers come from behind win over the marlins.

Tigers 6 - Marlins 5: Tork bomb for the win.
A struggling Spencer Torkelson finally gets to play the hero.
BYBTB

Torkelson's two-run homer in eighth inning lifts Tigers to 6-5 win against Marlins.
Detnews

Spencer Torkelson saves Detroit Tigers with clutch home run in 6-5 win over Miami Marlins.
Freep

Spencer Torkelson’s 446-foot blast sends Tigers to victory.
Mlive

I have to be away from computer tomorrow night so i may not be able to post the game thread to start. I may not be able to check. Not sure I will have service.

Back