Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 43 Tigers @ Astros May 22, 2017

Just got back in front of the TV.......one goddamn hit?

Hack hack hack I don't think any of those were strikes upton

Last edited:
Well that was absolutely fking pathetic, this team is fucking horrible

Big Al can't save the day. Tigers lose...first time we've managed only 1 hit since 2015...against Smarjdzia.

Yup flipping terrible . Shitty tigers now 21-22 wasting a freaking nice outing by Fulmer sadly.

Pitiful offence ONE hit this outfit is to dependent on too few. Way to many under performing.

Tigers strikeout 14 friggin times and get 1 friggin hit is disgusting.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-...766#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=490766
Boxscore.

NOTABLE:
It was Fulmer?s ninth straight quality start to begin the season, tying Tommy Bridges (1942) for the second longest streak in Tigers history behind Justin Verlander?s 10 straight. Fulmer lowered his ERA from 2.72 to 2.55, and came away feeling unfulfilled.

Michael Fulmer got a big out in the first inning thanks to alertness from first baseman Miguel Cabrera and second baseman Ian Kinsler (and perhaps some lackadaisical running out of the box by Carlos Correa).

Cabrera couldn't handle a hard-hit ground ball, but he alertly ran to cover first base when it bounced toward Kinsler. Kinsler fired back to Cabrera for an unusual 3-4-3 putout.

Fulmer escaped a potential difficult first inning with only one run allowed.

Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias will return to starting lineup tomorrow after getting back-to-back off days in an attempt to break out of his hitting funk.

Dixon Machado had a busy day in his absence, having a hand in 10 of the game's first 18 outs.

Tigers catcher Alex Avila, who had been one of the hottest players in baseball, struck out in all four at-bats.

When the Tigers finish this 11-game trip, they will have played 20 road games in six different cities in 21 days this month.

ROARS:
Michael Fulmer: One couldn?t ask for much more from the Tigers? starter in this game. Fulmer didn?t have his best command, but battled his way through seven strong innings. He only struck out four, but was able to generate plenty of weak contact when it mattered most.

Shane Greene: Greene had to work out of his own jam in this game, but he struck out the side in his lone inning of work.

HISSES:
The offense: Late arrival or not, one hit against a spot starter is no way to pick up a much-needed win. Fourteen of their 29 plate appearances ended in strikeouts.
Things only get more difficult on Tuesday when Lance McCullers Jr. takes the mound for the Astros.

Looking at team-averaged statistics, I see the Tigers are hitting .242, below the league average. This is lower than last year's team average of .267. (Note: the league ave. in 2017 is .250; league ave. in 2016 was .255) What gives? This must be systematic, not just based on one guy.

The Tigers team ERA is 4.67, which is 24th best in the league. This is not so much of a surprise to me.

How are they even .500 with sub-par batting and sub-par pitching?

Looking at team-averaged statistics, I see the Tigers are hitting .242, below the league average. This is lower than last year's team average of .267. (Note: the league ave. in 2017 is .250; league ave. in 2016 was .255) What gives? This must be systematic, not just based on one guy.

The Tigers team ERA is 4.67, which is 24th best in the league. This is not so much of a surprise to me.

24th! hey that's a huge improvement they were dead last for weeks!

good manager????

We're 3rd in the AL in runs per game. I'd say that's got something to do with it.

stats they don't track i'm sure they are dead last or close to it.

Base running fuck ups
Defensive fuck ups they don't give errors for.

The only stat that truly matters is runs scored and they're top 3. Can't be mad at that.

Back