Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Eagles @ Lions Thread

tomdalton22

After 1/4 of the season the Lions are in 4th place in the NFC north. The Eagles are coming into town with the #1 scoring defense in the league and an undefeated record. The Lions opened as a 2.5 point favorite but the line has already moved to Philly -3. Do the Lions win a "must win" game at home or does the Philly defense carry Gym Shorts off the field after another "shitty kitty" performance?

I'd bet 500 that Philly covers that 3 in their sleep. How in the world did the lions open as a favorite?

I'd bet 500 that Philly covers that 3 in their sleep. How in the world did the lions open as a favorite?

Maybe to stimulate interest, and although the line has changed by almost a TD, the Lions are still favored...lol.

Why the schedulers have the Eagles playing @ Lions for a second season in a row, when they were here on TGD, really doesn't make any sense, when they could play another NFC team with a similar '15 record, who they haven't hosted as recently.

Last edited:
Not looking forward to a rookie QB outperforming Stafford.

New power ratings have Detroit 25th, not sure if I'm more shocked at that or that the previous week they were 17.

I don't look at it like that. The Lions d is not Philly's d

I'm not solely blaming Stafford. I'm aware of the different variables. Doesn't change the fact that I'm not looking forward to watching a rookie QB outperform Stafford.

I'm not solely blaming Stafford. I'm aware of the different variables. Doesn't change the fact that I'm not looking forward to watching a rookie QB outperform Stafford.

So in your mind the winning QB always out performs the losing QB?

So in your mind the winning QB always out performs the losing QB?

You're reaching. Never did I once say, "Wentz is already a better QB than Stafford and he's just a rookie." I'm sure some here would make that leap, I'm not that guy (yet). I simply think this Sunday, Wentz will have a better performance than Stafford and frankly I'm not looking forward to it. Hope I'm wrong of course, any given Sunday.

Not sure that's what he said. More like we suck on D, they don't therefore their guy most likely performs better..

I really didn't think it was such a complex statement that I made. You'd think I just started a "Bench Stafford" thread.

That's a good idea. Can we start a bench Stafford thread?

Kidding, Tony.

Wentz had looked good. Dline and diggs and lawson has to play better. They have proven they can. Would be nice to have ansah back

Having a hard time with this one. I want to say 56-21 Eagles. But im not sure if the offense will show up or not. So ill say 56-17.

Over/Under on how many times Austin locks Bubby Armbuster in one on one man coverage when Jordan Matthews lines up in the slot?

No. He played 4 snaps vs Green Bay and zero vs bears.

I have been mostly "Lions free" this season. I watched the first quarter of game one and the second half of the Packers loss, only because they were on TV where I was, but nothing else. No college football, no other pro football, and very little Lions. I also tuned out on politics and the sorry ass Tigers to some degree. I find myself much less angry and much more productive on weekends. I highly recommend it, at least for a spell. I love football and am sure I will return to it at some point, but presently I'm not missing it a bit.

Back