Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7: Colts @ Lions Thread

At seasons end we'll see how many wins are against teams that finish above .500. My guess is zero.

So you?re saying garbage time can happen either way....which was my point. Not sure WHY you don?t understand.

Your original post was asking "Should he not even try?" and then interjecting a comparison to a top 5 QB in the league in a completely different scenario.

I don't see how YOU don't understand why that is such a bad comparison. Mahomes is in garbage time because he dominated when it mattered. Stafford is in garbage time because he threw a pick 6 and over threw receivers all day. The bulk of Mahomes stats came when it mattered, as they have most of this season.

Your original post was asking "Should he not even try?" and then interjecting a comparison to a top 5 QB in the league in a completely different scenario.

I don't see how YOU don't understand why that is such a bad comparison. Mahomes is in garbage time because he dominated when it mattered. Stafford is in garbage time because he threw a pick 6 and over threw receivers all day. The bulk of Mahomes stats came when it mattered, as they have most of this season.
Don't forget the fumble.

We just watched the difference between a well drafted and run team, and a poorly drafted/run team.

So garbage time is garbage time.

Got it.

Nobody said anything about how they got to it or how good said QB in garbage time was.

You?re trying to prove a point nobody was making. Feel free to keep going.....you seem to need to vent. Let it out!

0 run game means stafford needed to have a good game. He had one of his worst games ive seen. Was way off the entire first half missing wide open guys to kill drives and hung the defense out to dry. Sack/fumble on 3rd down in FG range and pick 6...obviously doesnt help but there were so many other plays out there he didnt make.

Yes i know the oline didnlt play great...but they rushed 5-7 players the netire game and we never did anything to make them pay.

Yes i know the defense didnt play good. But they arent a good defense. a couple wins against shitty teams doesnt change that. Stafford plays well we have a chance. He plays like he did today and we lose by 21 everytime. Not much has changed.

Last edited:
The argument of "garbage time" up or down comes down to opposing defenses intent.

If your offense is down 20+ the defense is allowing your throws because their goal is to chew up clock.

If you are up 20+, defense isn't trying to give you easy throws to chew up clock. They are trying to get the ball back.

The argument of "garbage time" up or down comes down to opposing defenses intent.

If your offense is down 20+ the defense is allowing your throws because their goal is to chew up clock.

If you are up 20+, defense isn't trying to give you easy throws to chew up clock. They are trying to get the ball back.
In my opinion its all garbage when down 3 TD's with 7m left. Unless somehow you win that game. Matt failed when he needed to make plays.

Holy smokes Aaron was smacked hard on the hail marry attempt. He fumbled game over.

I so want a defense like either the Ravens or the Steelers.

You?re trying to prove a point nobody was making.

You asked a really dumb question. Then followed up with a terrible comparison.

You're right that I should have never responded. Expecting reasonable feedback from such a ridiculous take was my mistake for sure.

Aaron Rodgers sacked by D.J. Wonnum for no gain. Aaron Rodgers fumbled. Eric Wilson recovered fumble and returned for 4 yards - game over.

If that was Detroit hail mary TD.

Holy smokes Aaron was smacked hard on the hail marry attempt. He fumbled game over.

I so want a defense like either the Ravens or the Steelers.

Thats the game ive been watching...bopth teams just play at a whole nother level. I feel like im watching the super bowl.

if im being honest i didnt see much garbage time shell defense from Indy. They continued to bring pressure. It was efeinitely "garbage time" due to time left and the score. But if its completely up to defense intent....they were still bringing it.

Back