Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 9: Lions @ Chargers Thread

grandy

Detroit Lions (6-2) @ Los Angeles Chargers (4-4)

Line: DET -3.0
O/U: 48.5

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
Bolts from the Blue

Injury Report
Link

Lions
Out
G Halapoulivaati Vaitai (back)

Doubtful
DL Levi Onwuzurike (hip)

Questionable
WR Donovan Peoples-Jones (ribs)
OL Dan Skipper (ribs) ? Full practice on Friday

Chargers
None

Series History
Link
The Lions are 5-7 against the Chargers
Last Game: 9/15/2019, Lions 13 Chargers 10
Last Game in Los Angeles (San Diego): 9/13/2015, Chargers 33 Lions 28
Last Win in Los Angeles/San Diego: Never
Recent Games: The Lions have won 2 of the last 3 meetings

Last edited:
Pro Football Focus Grades

Overall
Detroit 87.0 (6th)
LA Chargers 76.7 (17th)

Offense
Detroit 82.1 (3rd)
LA Chargers 69.5 (19th)

Pass Offense
Detroit 84.8 (3rd)
LA Chargers 72.1 (14th)

Pass Blocking
Detroit 75.3 (3rd)
LA Chargers 63.4 (18th)

Receiving
Detroit 75.2 (7th)
LA Chargers 73.6 (11th)

Rushing
Detroit 79.8 (12th)
LA Chargers 67.1 (29th)

Run Blocking
Detroit 72.3 (2nd)
LA Chargers 48.3 (31st)

Defense
Detroit 72.5 (15th)
LA Chargers 71.6 (18th)

Run Defense
Detroit 70.6 (8th)
LA Chargers 61.2 (24th)

Tackling
LA Chargers 69.0 (9th)
Detroit 59.4 (17th)

Pass Rush
LA Chargers 73.1 (14th)
Detroit 70.3 (19th)

Coverage
LA Chargers 74.2 (15th)
Detroit 70.2 (17th)

Special Teams
LA Chargers 78.4 (15th)
Detroit 72.2 (22nd)

From ESPN...

Stat to know: The Chargers' plus-9 turnover margin is tied with the Bengals for the best in NFL. They have played 11 straight games without losing the turnover battle, the longest active streak in the NFL and their longest streak since 2004 (14 straight).

I have to imagine ball security was reiterated during practice this week.
This is the healthiest the team has been in weeks. No excuse not to win. The Baltimore loss was one thing but if they drop this one I?ll be miffed.

I have to imagine ball security was reiterated during practice this week.
This is the healthiest the team has been in weeks. No excuse not to win. The Baltimore loss was one thing but if they drop this one I?ll be miffed.

I think this will be a tough game. Its one of the games that if you don't get pressure on the qb... he's going to tear you a new one.

Dallas' dline is the only other thing im concerned about the rest of the year.

Rest of the games we should win...im sure we'll have a couple bad Sundays along the way and drop a couple were favored in. But tomorrow and dallas are really the only games that should be tight.

Last edited:
We can?t write Minn off can?t believe what dobbs is doing there all without Jefferson to, it may very well come down to the last game of the season to settle the division

We can?t write Minn off can?t believe what dobbs is doing there all without Jefferson to, it may very well come down to the last game of the season to settle the division

I was just thinking that. Dobbs looks like the good version of Josh Allen today. Throwing dimes, escaping pressure and making plays with his legs.

If he keeps this up Minnesota is going to be dangerous.

There was no flag. He never touched him. Easy pick up call if your one of those teams.

Damn, this is what I thought Gibbs would be, but the difference between a few weeks ago and now is crazy

Back