Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Get back on the horse.

pr0tege

We all knew at some point the long winning streak was going to end. As for everyone here I as well was hoping it would of been later then today but the good news the season goes on next week and we have a redemption game against Atlanta.

I think this could not have been a more perfect match-up for us this week facing a pretty good defense as well as a pretty decent offense with a good running back in Michael Turner.

If this team wishes to stand any chance at having at the very least a nice playoff run we will have to make the necessary adjustments needed to stop getting shredded by the run.

With that said I don't expect the team to let this loss settle to well but there is areas of concern that needs adjusting for sure. I understand we don't have that bruiser type back and are limited in our running options but in the same breath you have to have better ratio then 50 pass/18 run especially considering we had a lead for almost the entire 4th quarter.

He isn't the bruiser but Best in the 4th Quarter last week against Chicago:
5 Rushes for 51 Yards.

Best in the 4th Quarter today:
1 Rush -1 Yards.

Morris did have 2 carries for 6 Yards in the 4th but this is going to kill us week in and week out with our Oline showing obvious issues in keeping Stafford upright. I think I can speak for most when I took a deep breathe when I seen him get up with a noticeable limp especially considering the low hit earlier in the game.

5 sacks today and 10 total hits on him and obviously he was showing he is not prone to getting rattled. Someway somehow this team has to learn 2 simply things when it comes to continued success in this league.

A) Unless you have Brady or Peyton in your backfield you need to run the damn ball especially when you have a lead in the 4th quarter. If your just showing pass, pass, pass as we got into today your allowing the opposing Dline to just peg their ears back and rush the QB.

B) You have to STOP the damn run. Over-pursuing absolutely killed us the last 2 weeks.

Back