Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Great Run Sparty!

jwlcosu

Great win today, Sparty, great tourney run. B1G comprises 50% of Final 4. Go Sparty, Go B1G!

Meanwhile, the women's sports appear to be going well in Ann Arbor.

Last edited:
Kinda like 2000 except then we were the better team and wisco was a bit of a surprise.

Two B1G in the final four.

I don't know if that's good or bad for Michigan but it sure sucks for Obama; he didn't have any B1G team making it even to the elite eight.

Not that his bracket was ever any damn good in any of the last six years.

Two B1G in the final four.

I don't know if that's good or bad for Michigan but it sure sucks for Obama; he didn't have any B1G team making it even to the elite eight.

Not that his bracket was ever any damn good in any of the last six years.

I don't think it's good for Michigan, at least the negative outweighs the positive, just like OSU winning the NC wasn't good for either of us. If MSU wins saturday I'll pull for WIsconsin since I think we outplayed them in the BTT game and we can beat them, if MSU loses, F bo ryan.

Great win today, Sparty, great tourney run. B1G comprises 50% of Final 4. Go Sparty, Go B1G!

Meanwhile, the women's sports appear to be going well in Ann Arbor.

Softball AND lacrosse might comprise the the best looking crew of hairy legged lesbians to have come through Ann Arbor since Coach Jim was teachin' himself about tappin' himself as a 9th grader at Tappan Jr. High.

Better golfer than future hoops analyst.

not trying to take it off topic but any president has the right to play a lot of golf or do whatever recreation they need. I've read that GW was a 9 to 5'er and Obama plays a ton of golf, whatever. that's a pressure cooker of a job that wears on you, look at how these guys look at the end of their term, they look like they haven't slept for 8 years. let them have some recreation to refresh their minds. this argument of bush spending so much time on his ranch or obama playing a lot of golf is just partisan positioning, they're still human and need to refuel sometimes.

I don't think it's good for Michigan, at least the negative outweighs the positive, just like OSU winning the NC wasn't good for either of us. If MSU wins saturday I'll pull for WIsconsin since I think we outplayed them in the BTT game and we can beat them, if MSU loses, F bo ryan.

to the extent there are recruits out there that are swayed by the argument that a particular conference is small time compared to another conference, I think it matters. and it may convince some midwestern kids to stay local, instead of looking elsewhere. so I think the good outweighs the bad... but there are definitely some negatives in general to seeing an in-state rival do well.

But in our case, not sure how much Beilein's and Izzo's recruiting overlap, or whether our success over the previous couple seasons hurt MSU in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:
to the extent there are recruits out there that are swayed by the argument that a particular conference is small time compared to another conference, I think it matters. and it may convince some midwestern kids to stay local, instead of looking elsewhere. so I think the good outweighs the bad... but there are definitely some negatives in general to seeing an in-state rival do well.

But in our case, not sure how much Beilein's and Izzo's recruiting overlap, or whether our success over the previous couple seasons hurt MSU in any way.

we almost never overlap in recruiting, UM hasn't taken a player with a MSU offer since Deshawn Sims but it's rare that we go after the same guys. There are just Valentine and Costello that had Michigan offers but that's just because they were top local players. I'm sure that Izzo would have offered a lot of guys that you took over the last few years but the interest wasn't there or Michigan offered and locked them up early. I know we were intersted in Walton and Irvin but we were holding spots for Jabari Parker and James young, in retrospect it would have been better to go after those other two early, maybe they commit to us, maybe not but hindsight is 20/20.

I do think this is important in the recruitment of Cassius Winston who would be huge for both schools in 2016. This run isn't everything but it can't hurt our profile with him.

not trying to take it off topic but any president has the right to play a lot of golf or do whatever recreation they need. I've read that GW was a 9 to 5'er and Obama plays a ton of golf, whatever. that's a pressure cooker of a job that wears on you, look at how these guys look at the end of their term, they look like they haven't slept for 8 years. let them have some recreation to refresh their minds. this argument of bush spending so much time on his ranch or obama playing a lot of golf is just partisan positioning, they're still human and need to refuel sometimes.

Oh come on, everybody jokes about every president's golf game, all presidents love to golf and they all suck. Bob Hope ended up being able to buy the best house in the world by making jokes about how bad of a golfer every president has been.

And every human being on the planet ends up looking eight years older than they looked eight years before, not just an outgoing two term president of the United States.

Just look at the Olsen twins.

Hell, just look at John Stamos for crying out loud.

But thanks for pulling the buckeye's thread off topic; it's been a kind of tearful 24 hours for me what with the Michigan lesbians losing and the Spartan men winning, dad gum it.

Last edited:
Oh come on, everybody jokes about every president's golf game, all presidents love to golf and they all suck. Bob Hope ended up being able to buy the best house in the world by making jokes about how bad of a golfer every president has been.

And every human being on the planet ends up looking eight years older than they looked eight years before, not just an outgoing two term president of the United States.

But thanks for pulling the buckeye's thread off topic; it's been a kind of tearful 24 hours for me what with the Michigan lesbians losing and the Spartan men winning, dad gum it.[/Q Reagan was said to be a golfer and played 13 times in 8 years, Obama 230! Uhhhh oh, this is really going to get some people going. ;)

Last edited:

But thanks for pulling the buckeye's thread off topic; it's been a kind of tearful 24 hours for me what with the Michigan lesbians losing and the Spartan men winning, dad gum it.

I think the olsen twins have actually lost weight since "Full House"

Softball AND lacrosse might comprise the the best looking crew of hairy legged lesbians to have come through Ann Arbor since Coach Jim was teachin' himself about tappin' himself as a 9th grader at Tappan Jr. High.

My nephew is a 7th grader at TJH. don't know if he's discovered his special purpose yet, nor do I want to.

Last edited:
Reagan was said to be a golfer and played 13 times in 8 years, Obama 230! Uhhhh oh, this is really going to get some people going. ;)

George W Bush didn't play a round of golf in office after invading Iraq in 2003.

"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf," Bush said in a White House interview with the Politico. "I feel I owe it to the families to be as -- to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal."

That's pretty bad because Obama is a horrible golfer - almost as bad at golf as he is at being president...

A proud presidential tradition that goes back to Eisenhower...(I coulfd insert a disclaimer that Eisenhower was likely neither a bad president nor a bad golfer; however I'll exercise my comedic prerogative and not do so)...

George W Bush didn't play a round of golf in office after invading Iraq in 2003.

"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf," Bush said in a White House interview with the Politico. "I feel I owe it to the families to be as -- to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal."

this link is really going to explode off topic now :cheers:

So anyway, I hope this run doesnt end and we win the next 2 games.

My nephew is a 7th grader at TJH. don't know if he's discovered his special purpose yet, nor do I want to.

Yeah keep that to himself; he'll figure it out like we all did.

Tappan is a middle school now.

It was. Jr. High back when I went to Forsythe Jr. High back - damn, back in the early 70s.

He's a M fan, no?

I got Sparty fans in my family; of course I've said that on these boards for years.

Is he excited about Coach Jim?

Does he know Coach Jim also went to Tappan?

A proud presidential tradition that goes back to Eisenhower...(I coulfd insert a disclaimer that Eisenhower was likely neither a bad president nor a bad golfer; however I'll exercise my comedic prerogative and not do so)...

Wasn't JFK a single digit handicap guy (on top of being a philandering scumbag whose daddy bought him the white house)?

Back