Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gustav Nyquist and some other guys

Where would the Red Wings be without Nyquist this year? Unbelievable this guy was in the minors for 20 games for the ghost of Dan Cleary.

What really has to sting for Ken Holland was his comment earlier in the season, 'kids aren't the answer', yet those 'kids' are the ones keeping this team alive and if they end up getting into the playoffs will be a huge reason why. I'm really getting sick of this guy and his stubborn ways.

Kids are not the answer. We are borderline playoff team and you are liking it? And we're all those goals unassisted? I totally agree the Goose is playing amazing hockey right now, but without Holland who would have drafted this kid? Without our Swedish contingent, brought in by Kenny, would he have been as comfortable in our locker room. You are looking at the small picture. Holland is still the man and Babcock is your Jack Adams winner if we get in the playoffs.

Kids are not the answer. We are borderline playoff team and you are liking it? And we're all those goals unassisted? I totally agree the Goose is playing amazing hockey right now, but without Holland who would have drafted this kid? Without our Swedish contingent, brought in by Kenny, would he have been as comfortable in our locker room. You are looking at the small picture. Holland is still the man and Babcock is your Jack Adams winner if we get in the playoffs.

Babcock is doing a good job, don't see anyone here criticizing him. And sorry, but those 'kids' are playing more inspired hockey than any of the vets on this team, answer or not they are keeping this team afloat.

Also it's time to stop living in the past, this team has been regressing since the 08 Cup season and Holland has done a piss poor job managing the roster and his FA signing have been a complete joke. Pretty obvious Jim Nill was the man with the plan in Detroit, Holland is clueless.

Twenty two years straight. You are right, completely lost. Which is why you are complementing the drafting, the cultivation of the talent drafted and looking forward to years of production from said talent. Detroit has a process, it's called earning your spot. You put in your dues and out comes talent. Holland is old school like that. Not to mention that years of success leave you at the bottom of the draft pool. We went after Parise and Suter, can't make people play here.

The goal is to win a cup... Not just make the playoffs every year..

I think Holland can do better then he has... You can't keep dong things the same way if you are not getting closer to winning a cup.. We have been treading water for the last few years and living off his amazing late Picks.. We have to make our defense better...

Holland waited 20 games to call up Gus... Let me think... We sure could have used him over washed up name any of the Cleary type clones you want.. Holland is a great GM...But he needs to adapt or retire... Losing Nill to Dallas hurt.. He needs to get is mojo back..

Last edited:
Back