Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

He's got a point ya know

Bring-in CF to the 405-mark.
Bring-in LCF to the 360-mark
Bring-in RCF to the 355-mark.

I like this a lot !

I would bring in the centerfield fence to 405, I like that. That will shorten the gap?s a little bit as well. However, I am not a fan of making it like every other park. I don?t mind that it takes a well hit ball to hit a home run.

Bring-in CF to the 405-mark.
Bring-in LCF to the 360-mark
Bring-in RCF to the 355-mark.

355 is too shallow IMO. Comerica is a relatively neutral park as parks go, over the past several seasons, compared to other parks that have oscillated (PNC and Yankee Stadium, for example) so moving in the fences will definitely skew it to the "hitters park" end of the spectrum.

Last edited:
So instead of losing 8-1 we start losing 15-4? You do realize other clubs play here to? Won't make us any better.

So instead of losing 8-1 we start losing 15-4? You do realize other clubs play here to? Won't make us any better.

Some would say that when the Tigers can hit again, it will be to their advantage to have a band box as a ball bark.

Some would say that when the Tigers can hit again, it will be to their advantage to have a band box as a ball bark.

Because we have better hitters than other teams? Or will? How long will that take. Why would free agents come to our band box when they can go to someone else's band box.

Because we have better hitters than other teams? Or will? How long will that take. Why would free agents come to our band box when they can go to someone else's band box.

"I" am not "some" and I do not advocate further adjustment of the dimensions. And the only real band box in MLB is Coors.

Last edited:
"I" am not "some" and I do not advocate further adjustment of the dimensions. And the only real band box in MLB is Coors.

Fair enough. Home run wise though Coors is actually 2 this season behind Toronto. But there are some partial band box's like RF in Yankee Stadium. 1 example. Or Doubles at Fenway (Green Monster). Though as far as Copa I like having a deep CF, makes us unique. More so at Tigers' Stadium 440 and the overhang in right. That's the great thing about baseball. The other professional sports the stadiums, rinks, courts are all the exact same size.

Last edited:

I thought Coors is a launching pad because of the thin air rather than the dimensions of the stadium. Is that wrong?

I thought Coors is a launching pad because of the thin air rather than the dimensions of the stadium. Is that wrong?

Yes ... the thin air shrinks the dimensions. The dimensions are on par with other parks and 390 in LCF is farther than most.

So bandbox isn?t really a good simile. I think launching pad is more apropos.

It's a bigger band box. Makes me wonder why NASA didn't launch its manned space flights from Denver. It's closer to space and to the Moon.

EDIT: Launching Pad was the "alternate" name for Fulton County Stadium.

Last edited:
Back