Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hey everyone!

Phillip

How's it all going? My name is Phillip I'm 34 years old...Wanna know more, ask away...I was referred by @Cam

Reactions: Cam
Hey Phillip, glad to have you on here. Haven't talked to you much since DH.

How's life?

It's going great, man. Working on getting some stuff going on a new forum I have with MyBB (for now) and also found me someone that's been a blessing...she's from around Chicago and has lived in Detroit...thought about taking her back up there to be around family.

It's going great, man. Working on getting some stuff going on a new forum I have with MyBB (for now) and also found me someone that's been a blessing...she's from around Chicago and has lived in Detroit...thought about taking her back up there to be around family.

That's awesome.

Why are you using MyBB when you've got Invision, XenForo, etc?

Eventually I will switch over to XenForo and do some modifications on it.

You should put that spare Invision license to use. Wish they would have let you sell that to me.

You should put that spare Invision license to use. Wish they would have let you sell that to me.
Oh I know, I wanted to so bad on that. I don't like Invision like I did.

Oh I know, I wanted to so bad on that. I don't like Invision like I did.

Awesome software, but crappy people run that. I was still never able to get into their Community Hive.

Awesome software, but crappy people run that. I was still never able to get into their Community Hive.
I don't like how they changed everything with it...not even showing the post/thread count on it throws me off so much.
Then you have the staff on there that are really rude on a lot of things.

I don't like how they changed everything with it...not even showing the post/thread count on it throws me off so much.
Then you have the staff on there that are really rude on a lot of things.

I've dealt with them on TAZ plenty, I know. :p

There are plenty of things I could gripe about with XenForo, but they are way better people.

I've dealt with them on TAZ plenty, I know. :p

There are plenty of things I could gripe about with XenForo, but they are way better people.
Totally agree. I was a mod on TAZ for a bit when Howard was running it.

Totally agree. I was a mod on TAZ for a bit when Howard was running it.

Aren't you still a mod on vBulletin.org? Wish I had access to the resources on there!

Aren't you still a mod on vBulletin.org? Wish I had access to the resources on there!
I'm still a mod on there, yes. I could probably give some sort of access...I think.

Hey Phillip, good to see you here!

...wow, is vBorg still a thing?! I'm shocked they haven't taken that down.

Hey Phillip, good to see you here!

...wow, is vBorg still a thing?! I'm shocked they haven't taken that down.

They announced that they're going to. I believe in a few months. That's why I want to download some of the goods. Just don't have a valid vB license anymore. :p

They announced that they're going to. I believe in a few months. That's why I want to download some of the goods. Just don't have a valid vB license anymore. :p
Aww, that sucks. I loved vBorg in the day. Yeah, same, haven't had a valid license since the 3.x days :D.

Aww, that sucks. I loved vBorg in the day. Yeah, same, haven't had a valid license since the 3.x days :D.

There's so many resources on there. It's truly a waste.

There's so many resources on there. It's truly a waste.
I mean, it's vB, the whole thing is a waste. What used to be something truly special reduced to utter garbage.

Back