Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops 2023

We got dropped 14 spots to 18th for the loss to JMU. Way too early to care about rankings but it's not totally irrelevant since in the rankings game you take the elevator down and the stairs up. If we shoot 1 for 12 from 3 and get rolled by dook, we could get bounced from the top 25.

Last edited:
Sounds like Gehrig Normand is going to redshirt. So the guy you recruited because he's a lethal 3 pt shooter can't get on the court on a team that is 2-31 from 3 this year????

Sounds like Gehrig Normand is going to redshirt. So the guy you recruited because he's a lethal 3 pt shooter can't get on the court on a team that is 2-31 from 3 this year????

Is he hurt or is it purely a depth chart issue?

Hot shooting in the 1st half tonight. 2-13 from 3 and 0-2 from the line. This team might he the worst shooting team I've ever seen.

I can?t believe this team was viewed as a threat to win a National title entering the season (even I dreamed it). This team does nothing well.

Didn?t get to watch but good to see Booker got a whopping 5 minutes - almost 1/3 as much as sissoko and 1/4 of what Cooper logged.

Last edited:
Izzo's pride is destroying a good team. 2 years in a row he refused to add a big from the portal. This is the worst we've ever been at center in his tenure. If we even had a Costello type center giving 12 and 8 this team would be top 5.

Watching the game last night I realized I may have been too hard on Izzo when it comes to Booker. He's too soft right now - needs to get a lot stronger or learn to use his body more. He also plays defense like a mannequin and spends too much of his time behind the 3 point line on offense.

Watching the game last night I realized I may have been too hard on Izzo when it comes to Booker. He's too soft right now - needs to get a lot stronger or learn to use his body more. He also plays defense like a mannequin and spends too much of his time behind the 3 point line on offense.

Why does Izzo consistently miss on highly ranked big men? Ibok, Herzog, Nix, Sherman, Gauna, Kithier, Mady

Why does Izzo consistently miss on highly ranked big men? Ibok, Herzog, Nix, Sherman, Gauna, Kithier, Mady

Anthony Miller...It's a good question. Why does Izzo land Sissoko and UConn hits the lottery with his fellow countryman Sanogo?

I'm not ready to lump Booker in with that group yet - he's does seem pretty athletic, hopefully he just needs to adjust to playing against bigger/stronger opponents. He probably didn't have assert much effort to physically dominate high school kids - maybe he just needs to suck it up and get a little tougher.

For some reason, I liked Nix - not his game necessarily but for some reason, I found him a lot less frustrating than those other guys.

Last edited:
Booker is higher rated than all of then and looks like he's never played basketball before.

He?s the highest rated player we?ve had in a long time. He?s definitely disappointing so far but I feel like there?s still hope. He has to have a better chance at becoming a contributor than Sissoko - he?s had a few months, Mady has had 3 years.

I?m holding out hope - not ready to call him a bust yet, but he has a lot of work to do and probably not a lot of time.

why are some of these games randomly on Peacock and/or Paramount+? is the whole point to stick it to cord cutters to make us subscribe to all these channels for a handful of games?

I guess I should consider it a blessing because I really can't take 2.5 hours to watch the game tonight with all I have going on right now. But spreading games across multiple services, nickel and diming fans for subscriptions they don't want or need except to watch a couple games is really annoying.

got the game within 3 then scored 6 points over the next 11.5 minutes. got crushed on the boards 36-22 and gave up 11 offensive rebounds. This team has no heart.

Last edited:
Once I saw izzo started Cooper AND Mady I decided not to watch. Glad I didn't.

Thankfully I couldn't watch but was following the score online while studying. I should have turned off the computer and finished my reading an hour sooner.

The only hope is that Kohler can be a spark and/or Booker forces his way into the rotation. Mady and Cooper aren't big ten players.

Back