Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs OSU

MSUMatt28

OSU is game in the first half. Winston held under double figures until the very end. Ward out the whole second half. Tillman in foul trouble part of the second half. A decisive second half run came with a lineup of Loyer, McQuaid, Ahrens, Goins, and Kithier. Unbelievable. McQuaid and Goins willed the team to this one.

However that didn't look good with Ward's hand. If he's out for any length of time we can probably kiss a Big Ten title good-bye.

I'd have to think Ward got Xrayed at the half and there was no break, if he's out the season is shot, but I'd bet he's back.

McQuaid and Goins took that game over defensively. McQuaid is playing the best basketball of his career. When he was running the point he made a couple really nice dribble drives and passed to open 3 point shooters. His defense was stellar.

Ward with a hairline fracture in left hand. Out on a week to week basis, hopeful to return by end of season. What an awful break (no pun intended). Need Tillman and kithier to really step up now, maybe Bingham too but he’s been in the doghouse for a while now and I wouldn’t expect his minutes to increase a ton unless fouls become an issue.

I guess it was fake news

Some UM trolls were spreading that, but the program said it happened during the first half. Ward got thrown to the floor several times that half, my guess is it happened then. He also had a hard dunk late in the half that could have been when it happened.

Since coach said they though he might have dislocated a finger, my guess is that he jammed a finger when he put his hands out on a fall and it broke the bone. I think the best we can hope for is that he's back for the last couple games of the season. Most likely is that he's out until the Big Ten Tourney IMO, maybe he comes back for the 3/9 game vs UM, but who knows.

Ward had surgery last night, 3-5 weeks is what Izzo is hearing. So anywhere from ready for the BTT or not playing until late in the NCAA tourney should we get that far.

Very doubtful he plays again in the regular season.

Back