Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Purdue

MSUMatt28

Looks like this is the game where the injuries and the schedule is catching up with them.

Who is the genius again who made the schedule so that they play 3 games in a week, 2 of them on the road?

Looks like this is the game where the injuries and the schedule is catching up with them.

Who is the genius again who made the schedule so that they play 3 games in a week, 2 of them on the road?

Eh.....I expected a let down soon. Maybe they can control the 2nd half today like they did Thursday. This is one of those tests that helps in March. They all seem to have heavy legs.

This is the game where we miss Langford. They're making Cassius work for everything and have enough bigs to make it tough on Ward. And Henry and Brown have both crapped the bed, as freshmen are known to do on the road.

Very tough ask, 4 games in 10 days, 3 road ones, 2 guys out, tough environment. For my own sanity I’ll use that reasoning anyways.

Also sometimes it’s as simple as they make shots and you don’t. Couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn today.

Good to see us not quitting down 20 something. Missed FTs could kill us in our comeback attempt.

Nice comeback. I don't think they'll get all the way back, and still might lose this by double digits in the end, but showing some character.

Didn’t know Carsen Edwards was James Harden. What a bullshit call on that 3 “foul”

That was a momentum killer. We had the game at 4 at that point and the contact there was pretty minimal, though McQuaid's arm was in his space. Savvy move by Edwards. But then we still had it at 5 after that and we start fouling Eastern (50% at the line). Then he makes one where the balls clangs off the back of the rim and goes in after hitting every other part of the rim. Then he finds a rhythm after that. Some days it's not meant to be. They weren't going 20-0 anyway, but at least they didn't fold up the tent and go home when it was at 23 in the second half (looking at this now I really don't like the 20 game conference schedule).

Amazingly that broke a 21 game overall Big Ten regular season winning streak dating back to last year.

Last edited:
That was a momentum killer. We had the game at 4 at that point and the contact there was pretty minimal, though McQuaid's arm was in his space. Savvy move by Edwards. But then we still had it at 5 after that and we start fouling Eastern (50% at the line). Then he makes one where the balls clangs off the back of the rim and goes in after hitting every other part of the rim. Then he finds a rhythm after that. Some days it's not meant to be. They weren't going 20-0 anyway, but at least they didn't fold up the tent and go home when it was at 23 in the second half (looking at this now I really don't like the 20 game conference schedule).

Amazingly that broke a 21 game overall Big Ten regular season winning streak dating back to last year.

Think I saw the conference record is 37 or something by Indiana from 1975-1976 seasons. That?s unreal and won?t be broken.

Back