Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

If Pistons get Al Horford

durtymrclean

Do you trade Morris or Tobias? maybe even Stanley?No way they can find sixth man/ starter minutes for 4 players at two positions. Maybe Horford can play 5 in small ball lineups.

Horford would play 4 for us and spare Drummond at 5. Baynes would lose almost all his minutes.

Something like:

Center Mpg:
Drummond 32
Horford 16

PF Mpg:
Horford 16
Morris 32

SF Mpg:
Harris: 30
Johnson: 18

SG Mpg:
KCP: 30
Johnson:10
Some Scrub: 8

PG Mpg:
Jackson: 33
Some vet: 15

Also, Meeks not included because he is about to be traded. Per my sources

original.gif

Not sure I like getting the Horford.

If it wasn't for his age (30) and his recent injuries, he'd be a no brainer for almost any team. Just not sure if it's what the Pistons need right now. I wouldn't be mad if we did get him, he's arguably the best free agent outside of Lebron and Durant.

I personally want nothing to do with Horford...hes past his prime and would essentially be the same thing we had in Greg Monroe.

Horford would play 4 for us and spare Drummond at 5. Baynes would lose almost all his minutes.

Something like:

Center Mpg:
Drummond 32
Horford 16

PF Mpg:
Horford 16
Morris 32

SF Mpg:
Harris: 30
Johnson: 18

SG Mpg:
KCP: 30
Johnson:10
Some Scrub: 8

PG Mpg:
Jackson: 33
Some vet: 15

Also, Meeks not included because he is about to be traded. Per my sources

Dream is getting horford and clarkson, let clarkson get 25 mpg from pg-sg spot.

You clearly know nothing about Al Horford's game.

How so? Up until this past year where Horford suddenly developed a 3 point shot they were fairly similar players. Horford is definitely a better scorer than Monroe, especially in the mid range area, but Monroe is a better rebounder in my opinion, and they are about the same in terms of assists.

Dont get me wrong, I think Horford is a good/very good player, but I just dont think hes going to be worth the $20/mil per season some team is going to throw at him. Especially when hes already 30.

Just my opinion though. If the pistons sign him I wont throw a fit, I trust SVG so if he sees a use for him Im good with it.

I can't imagine Horford is giving much thought to going to Detroit. He'll be pursued by better teams.

How so? Up until this past year where Horford suddenly developed a 3 point shot they were fairly similar players. Horford is definitely a better scorer than Monroe, especially in the mid range area, but Monroe is a better rebounder in my opinion, and they are about the same in terms of assists.

Dont get me wrong, I think Horford is a good/very good player, but I just dont think hes going to be worth the $20/mil per season some team is going to throw at him. Especially when hes already 30.

Just my opinion though. If the pistons sign him I wont throw a fit, I trust SVG so if he sees a use for him Im good with it.

You forgot to mention his vastly superior defense to Monroe.

I view Horford's impact on the pistons would be similar to andre iguodala's impact on the warriors. Starter that slowly transitions to super sub when the kids are ready.

With the pretty blatant pursuit of Horford by the Thunder, I don't see any way he ends up here. I mean, even if Durant leaves, that's a better team than we have. And in the likely event that Durant returns, that's a superteam with Horford.

And not to be a jerk, but I honestly hope he goes to OKC. Has any era had 4 historically great teams all playing together at the same time (GS, SA, OKC, Cle*)?

Last edited:
Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Pistons in the late 80's/early 90's was the first to pop in my head.

Also 2008, the Western Conference had like six 50 win teams or something. Maybe not historically great but certainly about as competitive as it gets.

Last edited:
Back