Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Inge to compete for second base

servinthed

@beckjason Leyland: Inge has asked for chance to compete for 2nd base job. He'll get his shot. More to come on the site.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120216/SPORTS02/120216055/brandon-inge-detroit-tigers

Inge wants second base now that he was ousted from third. I'd personally rather have santiago, worth, raburn, in that order at second. I dont think Cringe provides much at second base, sick of that check swing strike out with runners on, and who knows if he can play second...

@Tom_Gage "don't know how he will handle the pivot, plus he has to hit" - #Tigers Leyland about Inge

@Tom_Gage Inge called Dombrowski wanting a chance at 2B and Dombrowski called Leyland to get his opinion. - thumbs up - crash course this spring

None of them are that great... Santiago probably is my choice but he can't really play full time because he will break down. Raburn cannot field a lick at second. I really don't care for Worth or Inge at second. All four lack a lot..

I agree with you... I dont want to see raburn at second, I'd rather see him in left field, with Delmon at DH. My choice with what the Tigers currently have at second is a Santiago, Worth platoon, with Inge DFA'ed.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/02/report_detroit_tigers_brandon.html
Detroit Tigers' Brandon Inge will compete for job at second base.
from Mlive

http://www.freep.com/article/20120216/SP....-detroit-tigers
Jim Leyland: Tigers' Brandon Inge will compete for job at 2B.
from the freep

If Inge could hit, it would work if only to keep Dr. StrangeGloveRaburn away from 2B.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120....econd-b ase-job
Brandon Inge will get shot to win Tigers' second base job.
from the detnews

http://beck.mlblogs.com/2012/02/16/inge-to-compete-for-job-at-second-base/
Inge to compete for job at second base.
from Jason Beck's Tigers blog

Gosh inge is our last memory of 2003, he should have been thrown out with the garbage last week.

Inge=old dog

2B= new tricks

What about the Tigers' one other (completely forgotten in all of the Fielder hoopla) off-season positional player acquisition, that being Eric Patterson who batted .180 with 2 homers and 8 rbis last season in <100 ABs for the Padres?

He also doesn't appear in ESPN's Detroit Tigers Depth Chart - 2012 either, talk about flying under the radar of total insignificance..haha.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]None of them are that great... Santiago probably is my choice but he can't really play full time because he will break down. Raburn cannot field a lick at second. I really don't care for Worth or Inge at second. All four lack a lot..

The only drawback to Worth is how he will hit. He has a higher MLB average for BA. and OBP than he does in the minors. If he could maintain his .260 BA and .350 OBP plus his good glove, I'd take Danny Worth all day to share time with Ramon and shitcan Inge.

If we have those options in the middle we wont need Raburn to play IF, he can go play mediocre defense in Left and look like Willie Mays compared to Delmon.

I wish we could shop Inge and DY for some half ass bullpen talent, that would be sweet.

If eric patterson could get on base at all, he would be our leadoff hitter. 35 SB's in 508 AB career with a sub .300 obp. Yeesh, if he got on at even a .330 clip, say hello to the 9 hole austin jackson.

Turok said:
Inge=old dog

2B= new tricks

What about the Tigers' one other (completely forgotten in all of the Fielder hoopla) off-season positional player acquisition, that being Eric Patterson who batted .180 with 2 homers and 8 rbis last season in <100 ABs for the Padres?

He also doesn't appear in ESPN's Detroit Tigers Depth Chart - 2012 either, talk about flying under the radar of total insignificance..haha.

He was signed to a minor league deal.

bdtay71 said:
Competition is always a good thing....

Agreed. It's not like the Tigers have Roberto Alomar already at second...it's pretty much a crap shoot.

Please let it stop! No Inge at 2B. Inge will be DFA'd this year....at some point. Keep Worth or Justin Henry instead. Santiago and Raburn platoon is fine to start the season at 2B.

Leyland continues to say all the right things, no reason to upset players before camp even starts. No reason to not let Inge compete, it would make no sense to say, no you can't compete for the 2b job, just like he says Cabrera won't be sat for defense, of course you say that now, but just wait until a big 1 run game and Cabby made tha last out in the bottom of the 8th, keep him at 3b for his bat or put in Inge, Kelly or Worth ? We will see when it gets right dowen to it what decisions get made.

I just don't understand the "we're giving him a shot" comment. Glad Leyland made it crystal clear that the putz named Inge needs to hit in order to be with the club.

Strange how Inge has a hold on this organization for some strange reason...lol.

They should just cut Inge... Time to eat that 5 million.. DD and Jim need to sit him down and tell him to shut his pie hole. They should tell him his position on the club is called super sub and if he does not like it he can take a hike.. I have had it with this clown..

Back