Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Injuries

rumseyhouse77

Has there been any word on Funchess' injury? It was good to see him go back into the game but he went back out again. Was it his ankle or knee?

What about Peppers and Taylor? Are they back next week?

Considering all the talk was that Peppers would be back for ND, I'm inclined on the one hand to lean towards him being ready for next week ahead of the other two. On the other, I'm fearful they may have missed or misdiagnosed what he has so not entirely confident in that.

Funchess went back into the game but could barely move on the field. I bet he passed all the survey type exercises trainers do on your knees to try to see quickly where the injury may be. I bet he passed all those, but it's possible to pass them with partial tears. I'm no doctor, but when I saw slow mo of that play where he got hurt, it screamed of MCL. I was stunned to see him back out on the field and was optimistic until seeing him limping severely after his one play back in. MCL strain = 1-3 weeks maybe. Partial tear takes him out until into the conference schedule. Surgery possibly takes him out for the year.

Not sure about Taylor.

Basketball.

haha....

I'm still looking forward to next Saturday.

This is where perhaps Hoke's primary goal of a conference title is a good thing.

Right or wrong, postgame meeting starts with, "Our goal of a conference title is still there. We have two more weeks to get ready to achieve that goal!"

haha....

I'm still looking forward to next Saturday.

This is where perhaps Hoke's primary goal of a conference title is a good thing.

Right or wrong, postgame meeting starts with, "Our goal of a conference title is still there. We have two more weeks to get ready to achieve that goal!"

And players say that too

I think peppers has to be borderline otherwise they wouldn't have take him to nd

Taylor sounds bad, funchess if knee strain they have to be careful

I think DG was just banged up, hurting both physically and mentally

Hoke does not discuss injuries. I know it will come up at my lunch tomorrow but he does not talk about them. I don't have an issue of leaving it unsaid both for expectations and to let the oddsmakers wonder :)

Last edited:
But do you guys honestly believe this team is capable of a conference championship after seeing what we saw last night?? MSU is going to absolutely shred Michigan's o line

But do you guys honestly believe this team is capable of a conference championship after seeing what we saw last night?? MSU is going to absolutely shred Michigan's o line

No I don't.

I used that to show how he could keep from losing the team after a debacle like last night.

If UM/MSU were scheduled for next week, MSU would be a 15-21 point favorite, and (from a non-betting man, btw) it's not a slam dunk I take UM with the points in that matchup.

Fortunately, UM has time to try to rebound from last night. And players do a better job of doing this than the fans do.

Fortunately, UM has time to try to rebound from last night. And players do a better job of doing this than the fans do.

This

And coaches, players,staff are hurting more than us.

The challenge is recovering

How many times have we heard this in Hoke`s tenure? We are resilient, we will bounce back. It's exhausting. Last night was the last straw for me. He is just not ready to coach at this level. Regressing every year, team looks lost, couldn't stop anyone, couldn't move the ball.

They are very close lipped about stuff

I will see if I hear anything tomorrow but by the time I get here the presses will have been held and I am sure reporters will ask

Back