Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

insulting Big 10 teams!

twentythree

Penn State Nittany Kittens
Wisconsin Badgers, we don't need no stinking badgers
Ohio State Nuts, from the Evil Land
Indiana Hoosiers- what the heck is a Hoosier?
Illinoiszzze Illini- these guys really should have come up with a more specific mascot, so I could make fun of it
Northwestern Mildcats
Minnesota Golden Gophers- this needs no embellishment, gophers are already small and meek
Michigan State Sparties
Iowa Birdbrains
Nebraska.. I have not yet invented an insult for Nebraska, since they just joined the big 10 last year... something to do with corn
Purdue... Purdon't

future
Ruggers Rugrats
Maryland Twerps

feel free to add your own funny pet names for these teams.

Last edited:
I feel like these are names old people would come up with at bingo to win a basket with fruit cake and a michigan towel in it.

No words for the lame I just read.

Now c'mon, its a feeble but genuine attempt to generate some good 'ol fashion animosity for our B1G rivals.

and Notre Dame Sucks

Last edited:
Pennitentary State Community Shower College

That's all I got

I am reminded of an early-90's Tigers game and sitting behind the Yankees dugout, tickets from Bill Reedy.

A couple guys behind us were heckling the then Yankees with such gems as:

"Hey Tartabull ....you're TARRIBLE!" and
"Hey Pat Kelly ....I buy Kelley Tires!"

I am reminded of an early-90's Tigers game and sitting behind the Yankees dugout, tickets from Bill Reedy.

A couple guys behind us were heckling the then Yankees with such gems as:

"Hey Tartabull ....you're TARRIBLE!" and
"Hey Pat Kelly ....I buy Kelley Tires!"

I can only hope that no children were present.

My buddy and I concluded that the hecklers were likely a sandwich shy of a full picnic.

There was a guy at a game I went to in 1971 who was calling Yaz "a stupid Polack" every time he came to the plate. He'd not last 15 seconds in the stands today, which, is perfectly appropriate.

There was a guy at a game I went to in 1971 who was calling Yaz "a stupid Polack" every time he came to the plate. He'd not last 15 seconds in the stands today, which, is perfectly appropriate.

At least he was creative. :cheers:

Back