Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Is it time for a season prediction thready?

cmrlily

Yes

Here's mine:

Utah - Win
Oregon State - Win
UNLV - Win
BYU - Win
Maryland - Win
Northwestern - Win
Michigan State - Win
Minnesota - Win
Rutgers - Win
Indiana - Win
Penn State - LOSS
Ohio State - Win
Big Ten Title Game - LOSS
Bowl Game - Win

@ Utah - Win - I think Harbaugh has this team completely focused and Utah will be overconfident and trying just a bit too hard to make plays.

Oregon State - Win = I'd be shocked if we win by less than two TDs

UNLV - Win - I don't think this will be quite as easy as people expect, but we'll get it done.

BYU - Win - Same as above and they put a huge scare into us, waking us up just in time for B1G season

@Maryland - Win - Payback. Harbaugh might not say it, but I guarantee the boys are going to want revenge for last year's flop.

Northwestern - Win - Honestly, I think NU is going to be much better. I just don't think they can win in the big house this year.

Michigan State - Win - Because - well, fuck MSU.

@Minnesota - Loss = huge hangover game after an emotional win over MSU.

Rutgers - Win - See Maryland.

@Indiana - Win - Indiana has been the Wolverine punching back since I was a kid. No reason to think this year is different. I don't care if they have 85 5star players on the sideline. IU will always be IU.

@Penn State - Win - Happy Valley's fans have a White Out, but Hackenquack shits an egg and we win in a low scoring affair.

Ohio State - Loss - Fuck Ohio State even harder than MSU. Still, I don't know if we have the culture (yet) and the coached up, untainted talent that they do.

Big Ten Title Game - NA

10-2 pre-bowl game.

No predictions but the following observations:

1. Michigan's OOC schedule will prepare the Wolverines mightily for the conference battles. Harbaugh will have your guys supremely prepared for the Utes but that's a tough opening game for any visitor to win.

2. The Sirius radio college football crew was talking about BYU a few days ago. I'm not that familiar with him but the QB coming back from injury is said to be outstanding and the team in general is a bunch of mature, rugged and physical guys. They will be a huge measuring stick for M. BYU early season schedule may be toughest in all of NCAA, by the way. They open with Nebraska on the road, host Boise State and then travel to UCLA and Michigan. The fact that you get them at the end of that string and a week after they've played in LA portends well for you.

3. The fact that you get both of your rivals in The Big House is obviously huge. I can see M doing the unexpected in both games.

4. Could be wrong but my recollection is that M has not played well at PSU. That's going to be a very tough game to win. Franklin is turning that program around quickly, just as Harbaugh is going to do for you guys.

8-4. Losses @Utah, MSU, @Minnesota, @Penn State. I predict a win over the Buckeyes though.

6-6. Too many holes. I want to say 10-2 but I'm keeping it real. This program has some catching up to do. Brady Hoke was on xm radio and said they were going to surprise a lot of people but he was basing it on all the talent he brought in there.... We're screwed this year. At least Jim H. brought in a decent QB.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Utah - Loss
Oregon State - Win
UNLV - Win
BYU - Loss
Maryland - Win
Northwestern - Loss
Michigan State - Loss
Minnesota - Win
Rutgers - Win
Indiana - Win
Penn State - LOSS
Ohio State - Loss

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Utah - Loss in a close one. But all the talk is about how much JH has improved Michigan after this one. This will be a telling game as far as the O goes. I think there will be vast improvements. We will know after this game whether or not the O will be able to move the ball or if it is going to be another season like last year.
Oregon St. - Win
UNLV - Win
BYU - Win
Maryland - Win again close game
NW - Win, they just seem to find ways to lose
MSU - Win, I just want this one bad
Minnesota - Win
Rutgers - Win
IU - Win
PSU - Win
OSU - Loss, this will be another emotional game in the Big House. A close one, but OSU has too much and in the end the D can't stop them. Next year.

***Disclaimer: The poster reserves the right to modify these predictions following the Utah game. GO BLUE!

Brady Hoke went 11-2 with a roster of mostly RR recruits with a couple of Carr guys (Molk, Mike Martin, & a few more)... so...

Ten wins including a bowl win isn't out of the question, but I'm still worried about the QB. I eat so badly for them to beat OSU but it's hard to see them doing it. Either way, I wouldn't bet against an appearance in the playoff in the next 3-5 years.

11-1 with an over-confidence loss to PSU. Personally I think we are going to steamroll some fuckers. The reason being is that I think we finally have a coach that puts us in the best possible position to win, even if the team doesnt deserve it. I think we will have some of those games where we have multiple fuck ups and still come out on top. You know, those games where we were out-coached in the past and should have won.

This season hinges on the OL. Rudock shouldn't turn it over too much if he's protected. Without all those turnovers last year, we probably win 8 or 9 games. I think that will be the case this year, but with an easier schedule and the Harbaugh factor, I don't think 10 or 11 is out of the picture. I'd say 9 is the likely number after the bowl win, though. I'm a bit optimistic, though.

I think 8-4, maybe 9-3

Win over state but an unexpected B10 loss and loss to osu. Convincing Bowl win against another Power-5 program after Harbaugh gets month to prepare team.

Utah - Loss
Oregon State - Win
UNLV - Win
BYU - Win
Maryland - Win
Northwestern - Win
Michigan State - loss
Minnesota - Win
Rutgers - Win
Indiana - Win
Penn State - loss
Ohio State - loss
Big Ten Title Game - N/A
Bowl Game - Win

Yes

Here's mine:

Utah - Win
Oregon State - Win
UNLV - Win
BYU - Win
Maryland - Win
Northwestern - Win
Michigan State - Win
Minnesota - Win
Rutgers - Win
Indiana - Win
Penn State - LOSS
Ohio State - Win
Big Ten Title Game - LOSS
Bowl Game - Win

Season prediction thready!

chinaman-smiling.jpg

But seriously, I don't see how we could beat Ohio St. & Michigan St., then lose to whatever chump the Big Ten West puts up in the Championship game.

I'm going to predict we go 13-0, then lose in the first round of the college football playoff. I think this is reasonable, given our questions at QB and on offense.

is this thread a joke? Are these things being said to intentionally troll our trolls?

You guys are nuts

is this thread a joke? Are these things being said to intentionally troll our trolls?

You guys are nuts

haha I was thinking the same thing...this thread should be titled 'wish list'. I bet if people had to put money on each game right now, the predictions would be different. However, its just for fun, so no harm no foul!

Back